The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paintwork problem

2 posters

Go down

Paintwork problem Empty Paintwork problem

Post by trvgak Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:43 pm

We have a paintwork problem on our 2008 Symbol.

The van colour is silver, and all appeared fine when we bought it just over 4 years ago. However, over the past year or two, the paintwork has begun to almost 'blister' off, leaving areas of unsightly appearance. On closer examination, it almost appears to be a plastic film which is peeling off. The problem started on the roof and upper front of the van, which leads me to suspect it's caused by sunlight, but should it really have this effect?

Can anyone shed any light on this problem, and make any suggestions as to how to dealwith it? Many thanks.
trvgak
trvgak

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Paintwork problem Empty Re: Paintwork problem

Post by rgermain Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Sounds to me like it may have been resprayed at some time and not very well prepared before the new coat of paint/lacquer was applied.

Not seen many, but have notice a few vehicles with the same problem.

I remember having a Ford in Silver Fox in the 60's where you could see the paint fly off at speed! and that was straight from the Factory.

A body shop will be able to measure the depth of paint and advise the way to go.

Hope you get it sorted.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down