The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haynes Manual.....Boxer, Ducato etc

+2
boxerman
troikafloyd
6 posters

Go down

Haynes Manual.....Boxer, Ducato etc Empty Haynes Manual.....Boxer, Ducato etc

Post by troikafloyd Thu May 24, 2018 9:10 pm

To those who may be interested.........

I emailed Haynes Publishing recently and enquired about the possibility of a manual for a Peugeot Boxer, I did the same last year but this time received an in depth answer as to why one hasn't been produced as of yet.......................

Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding a manual for the Ducato, Boxer and Relay range.  We have considered a manual for these models in the past and we have always come up against the same stumbling blocks – the range is huge and it would only be viable to include all versions in one manual.  I am sure you are aware that some Ducato models use a version of Fiat’s own engine rather than a PSA unit.  If we limited the manual to just the PSA brands we would still need to take into account all the other variations, different engines, facelifts, vans, minibus, SWB, LWB  etc.  Because of the variations we would not be able to provide comprehensive coverage and there would have to be a number of exclusions.

[size=15]We haven’t dismissed the possibility of a manual for this range completely and we will look at it again next year.  In the meantime we appreciate your comments and will use them to help in our decision making process when planning future manuals.[/size]

Kind Regards

Martyn
On Behalf of Haynes Publishing
troikafloyd

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : SYMBOL

Back to top Go down

Haynes Manual.....Boxer, Ducato etc Empty Re: Haynes Manual.....Boxer, Ducato etc

Post by boxerman Thu May 24, 2018 9:44 pm

I desperately wanted a Haynes or similar manual for the Boxer when I first got it in 2002.
I've had it over 15 years now so I'm a bit ambivalent - I've managed this long so I would not be rushing out to buy one if they did publish it.

They do a Transit manual don't they? how many variations of them are there?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Haynes Manual.....Boxer, Ducato etc Empty Re: Haynes Manual.....Boxer, Ducato etc

Post by troikafloyd Fri May 25, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Frank,

To be honest I'm not sure how many variations there are but I can see it would be harder to produce than a standard manual. Having said that, I'm sure it would still be a money spinner for them.
I take your point, if you've managed for 15 years then you've no need for a manual Frank.....................................................it's in your head!  smile!
troikafloyd

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Fri May 25, 2018 10:44 am

I do have manuals, but I don't have all the info in one place.
I have the Peter Russek Manual which covers the basics, then there's the manual pages for the EFI system that someone scanned for me. I also have the Haynes Citroen BX and Xantia manuals as the engines are very similar, then there's the CD's that Laurie copied for me and I have access to Peugeot Service Box.

So it isn't all in my head hugegrins

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by troikafloyd Fri May 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Looks like you have all corners covered Frank, I'm a novice regards motors but always willing to learn providing the correct info is there etc. 
I used to find the Haynes so handy when a problem arose with my previous vehicles (cars) as everything was there and explained in layman's terms  hence my frustration at not being able to get one for the Boxer but as you've pointed out..........it's all out there in one form or another!
troikafloyd

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Fri May 25, 2018 6:14 pm

And of course, there's this forum if you get stuck.
You can always PM me if there's anything I can help you with?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Fri May 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Haynes manuals used to be excellent but over the years seem to have gone a bit downbank imo with poor low resolution photos. Maybe a result of the cheap paper they now use for printing. Haynes introduced me to the addictive bug of diy mechanics and i learnt a lot through them.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri May 25, 2018 10:18 pm

I picked up a Haynes Manual for a Ford Transit , it was on the shelf with the others in Halfords, this one wasn`t wrapped in plastic like the others and noticed the edges of the pages were discolored, so obviously old stock, only copy they had, so queried at the till, paid £7 in the end, a bargain, it is an older publication, but seems more detailed than the other ones I have for various vehicles. so well pleased. it is a lot thicker as well, probably covers other variants.haven`t had a chance to read through it yet.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by palette Sun May 27, 2018 11:42 am

At the end of the day you can always google most problems with our vans, or ask on this brilliant forum, someone usually knows the answer. allthumbz

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Sun May 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Any van owners on Ford Transit chassis won't go far wrong with the Ford Transit Forum for help on anything. Many posters have owned Transits for years and know all there is to know about them. When i had my fuel pump problem they got me in touch with a guy who does the conversion 'mod' on mechanical pumps and it turned out he lived just 15 miles away!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon May 28, 2018 8:07 am

I think as far as Haynes is concerned there would be no volume sales after all medium van sales are dominated by the Transit and Sprinters, followed by VW and Fiat.     Peugeot and Citroen vans are way down the list and sales would not justify the outlay
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down