The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drivers seat recline Auto-Sleeper Stratford

3 posters

Go down

Drivers seat recline Auto-Sleeper Stratford  Empty Drivers seat recline Auto-Sleeper Stratford

Post by Magoo Sat May 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Anyone come up with a solution to the lack of seat recline in the Stratford?
Magoo
Magoo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Drivers seat recline Auto-Sleeper Stratford  Empty Re: Drivers seat recline Auto-Sleeper Stratford

Post by rjh_symbol Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:03 am

I have recently bought my first camper van, a 2009 Symbol, and would prefer the seat reclined a little further for comfort but seem to have it as far back as it will go. I wondered if I was missing something. From your query, it appears that there is a lack of adjustment and I would also like to know if there is a 'fix'. I'm intending to look at the seat fittings to see if spacers or something could be fitted.
rjh_symbol
rjh_symbol

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Drivers seat recline Auto-Sleeper Stratford  Empty Re: Drivers seat recline Auto-Sleeper Stratford

Post by Campievanner Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am

There isn't really a solution unless you remove the bathroom ! It isn't an issue for us to drive as we are not the tallest, but anyone over 5"6' would find the Stratford challenging for seat legroom.
Probably why they didn't sell very well, even though it very similar (but Mwb vs Lwb) as the Warwick which is very popular.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by rjh_symbol Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:47 am

I'm feeling rather foolish! I was trying to recline the seat back using the large circular knob at the base of the seat back (as described in the boxer van handbook) whereas I should have been using the release lever at the front right of the seat (as described in the Auto-Sleepers owner's manual). Problem solved    smile!  . Much more comfortable driving position now.
rjh_symbol
rjh_symbol

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down