The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1996 Duetto

+7
Dave 418
Achilles heel
Bulletguy
dbroada
-mojo-
Gromit
Troubadour
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1996 Duetto - Page 2 Empty Re: 1996 Duetto

Post by Troubadour Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:52 am

That's the one (I still can't link)
you can google:
gumtree
2000 FORD DUETTO CAMPERVAN 73K
MILES MOT TILL NOV

Reg: w762 mef
It's got a couple of advisories, but he's got it in at the moment having some work done on the wheel arches.
since its so far away, I thought about getting it looked over by the AA, then only going up there if its a clean bill of health. does anyone have experience with the AA on this sort of thing?
Troubadour
Troubadour

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : duetto
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:46 am

An AA inspection is near compulsory inĀ  my book. Quite expensive but very thorough. Had one done on my 2011 truck and I, as an engineer, was impressed by the report and level of detail they went to.

I'd add an HPI check as well, may have been part of the AA report, can't remember, but if you decide not to do the AA, then the HPI IS compulsory! (If you want to sleep at night!)

Good Luck, its a minefield.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Troubadour Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:03 am

Seems like hpi check is definitely needed. would you buy something based on what the AA say alone, it would save me a possible pointless trip to lancashire...
I also found one in barnsley that seems pretty good. only issue is slight play in the front wheel baring on one side, I know on some vans that can be normal, but not sure with these, is it an exoensive thing to put right? was only an advisory, but that one was 11995 through motorhome depot, I don't wanna pay that and be stuck with a big relair bill..

Im thinking if taking my mate with me, who worked on a few cars, and drives a van for tesco.

sorry for all the questions, you guys have already helped me a lot.
Troubadour
Troubadour

Male

Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Troubadour wrote:That's the one (I still can't link)
you can google:
gumtree
2000 FORD DUETTO CAMPERVAN 73K
MILES MOT TILL NOV

Reg: w762 mef
It's got a couple of advisories, but he's got it in at the moment having some work done on the wheel arches.
since its so far away, I thought about getting it looked over by the AA, then only going up there if its a clean bill of health. does anyone have experience with the AA on this sort of thing?
I couldn't find the advert on Gumtree after trying a few variations on the title so maybe it's gone? Anyway here is it's MOT history which shows what it failed on which he's had rectified to get a pass...but the advisories show both n/s and o/s inner and outer sills have corrosion which will need attending to eventually so cost of that should be factored in to purchase price. Key in the registration on this link;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

However what i did spot when looking on Gumtree was another Duetto at Poole, Dorset...so a lot closer for you. It's only just been advertised today. Described as in immaculate condition, from the photos it does look very clean and tidy. That's definitely worth a phone call and possibly arranging a viewing if still for sale.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:18 pm

Troubadour wrote:Seems like hpi check is definitely needed. would you buy something based on what the AA say alone, it would save me a possible pointless trip to lancashire...
I also found one in barnsley that seems pretty good. only issue is slight play in the front wheel baring on one side, I know on some vans that can be normal, but not sure with these, is it an exoensive thing to put right? was only an advisory, but that one was 11995 through motorhome depot, I don't wanna pay that and be stuck with a big relair bill..

Im thinking if taking my mate with me, who worked on a few cars, and drives a van for tesco.

sorry for all the questions, you guys have already helped me a lot.
Always useful if he's got some mechanical knowledge and it's good to take someone along. However if you feel a professional survey (AA/RAC etc) would help, there's nothing wrong in going with that. I've no idea how much they charge but when spending a few grand on a vehicle it's worthwhile and if any seller isn't happy about it....just walk away!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Troubadour Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:56 am

Thanks, poole is certainly a lot easier to get too. I'll have to check that out
Troubadour
Troubadour

Male