The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colour change

+5
Stonemags76
roli
Windychippy
RogerThat
chalkywhite
9 posters

Go down

Colour change Empty Colour change

Post by chalkywhite Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:28 pm

After a number of months badgering the dealer about the incorrect colour  on my Registration document, I have now received a V5 showing the correct colour. I know from previous post, I am not the only one on  this  forum with a Golden white van being listed as brown. I now have a V5 with the colour listed as Gold. The dealer has now also obtained the correct A/S hand book with correct engine and weight details. I also have a new warranty book waiting at the dealer as they incorrectly filled the original one in.  My main concern was if I wanted to sell the van I had a V5 that said the van was Brown, a handbook that said I had a 2.2 engine and a warranty book that said I purchased the van 6 months before it was registered. Not the sort of confusion you need if your trying to sell. My other thought  was if stolen, I dont want the police ignoring my gold van because they are looking for a stolen brown van.
chalkywhite
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Colour change Empty Re: Colour change

Post by RogerThat Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:28 pm

I dread to think how long it's taken you to rectify all this :(

But I admire your patience and dedication, I'd do the exact same thing :)
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Dealer incompetence extraordinaire, seems to be quite a bit of it about.
 To be fair though I have made quite a few mistakes in my life so shouldn't judge Whistle1
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:06 am

I had the wrong colour on the V5 on registration it said White!,  Just wrote to the DVLA and said this van is Gold and they sent a corrected V5

The colour is actually Golden White but I suspect one of the reasons they want the colour is so the vehicle can be identified against records and Gold best describes ours
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonemags76 Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:11 pm

We have just done the same! New registration document in about 2 weeks & no charge - well done DVLA!
Stonemags76
Stonemags76

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 pm

What amazes me is these dealers buy the vans from AS ordering the colour they want, you would think they had the intelligence to register in that same colour.      I am confident that if they ordered a van from AS in White that is what they would get.  Not a gold or blue one !
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I tried and gave up trying to change my V5 last year.

DVLA provided me with a list of official colours, which included a few metallics, including gold.

I provided AS with that list and the fact that I needed something in writing from them, to send to DVLA, to allow them to amend my V5.

This is the response I received from AS' homolgomation department....

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonemags76 Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:22 pm

I just changed the colour section on my v5 to gold and sent it off. Two weeks later, new v5 with gold on it - which is certainly better than white!
Stonemags76
Stonemags76

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 pm

I was wondering how you go about this, just received the VO5 for the Topaz I bought three weeks ago and it states it is grey, taken from the  body paint colour no doubt of grey white R902

If it is stolen it will be listed as grey,   hopefully it is too old to be a target,  so need to change it, for twenty years this van has been listed as grey,  shrugg  and no one saw fit to have this altered, beggars belief.

Do I write and tell them and send a photo proving it is white? or send the VO5 back.

Thank you,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Constan42 Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:18 pm

chalkywhite wrote:After a number of months badgering the dealer about the incorrect colour  on my Registration document, I have now received a V5 showing the correct colour. I know from previous post, I am not the only one on  this  forum with a Golden white van being listed as brown. I now have a V5 with the colour listed as Gold. The dealer has now also obtained the correct A/S hand book with correct engine and weight details. I also have a new warranty book waiting at the dealer as they incorrectly filled the original one in.  My main concern was if I wanted to sell the van I had a V5 that said the van was Brown, a handbook that said I had a 2.2 engine and a warranty book that said I purchased the van 6 months before it was registered. Not the sort of confusion you need if your trying to sell. My other thought  was if stolen, I dont want the police ignoring my gold van because they are looking for a stolen brown van.

up!
Constan42
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Constan42 Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Kingham wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I tried and gave up trying to change my V5 last year.

DVLA provided me with a list of official colours, which included a few metallics, including gold.

I provided AS with that list and the fact that I needed something in writing from them, to send to DVLA, to allow them to amend my V5.

This is the response I received from AS' homolgomation department....
Colour change 3459062273
Constan42
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 pm

It is no good badgering the dealer as it is 20 years old, so have to do it myself, 

All I  wanted to know is.

1.......If just writing a letter with the details on and a photo would be enough.?

2 ......Or do I send the VO5 back ?

3.......Do I write anything on the VO5 if I send it back. ?

Thank you.
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Constan42 Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 pm

daisy mae wrote:I was wondering how you go about this, just received the VO5 for the Topaz I bought three weeks ago and it states it is grey, taken from the  body paint colour no doubt of grey white R902

If it is stolen it will be listed as grey,   hopefully it is too old to be a target,  so need to change it, for twenty years this van has been listed as grey,  shrugg  and no one saw fit to have this altered, beggars belief.

Do I write and tell them and send a photo proving it is white? or send the VO5 back.

Thank you,
Margaret
It will most likely come back with 50 shades of Grey stamped on it daisy ,wrapped in a pair of handcuffs and a signed autograph of Christian  smile!
Constan42
Constan42
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 pm

At the moment that is not appreciated. I have enough to sort out .

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Personally, I would leave it as it is. In reality it's very very unlikely to make any difference in terms of recovery, if stolen, because there are so many grey and white and grey/white vans about that it would be a real "needle in a haystack" job. In these days of ANPR, it's the registration that would be picked up if anything, and in most cases that will have been changed immediately. The fact is that there are simply not the numbers of police about for there - realistically - to be anyone actually out looking for a "grau-weiss" van.

I've got an error on my V5 (shows 2 seats rather than 4) and I simply can't be arrissed to get it changed. The insurance company knows how many seats it actually has, so there is absolutely no consequence IMO to it being "wrong" on the V5.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:56 pm

I just wanted it to have white , which is what it is, , no grey on it what so ever, that was just the paint code, not  a two colour van, it is all white including bumpers/mirrors. 

Thank you for your input.
Best regards,
M

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down