The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham toilet cassette - Difficult to remove

+9
rose49f
Peter Brown
Paulmold
Kemerton-bath
bobash
Cookie99
Kingham
Gromit
melcragg
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kingham toilet cassette - Difficult to remove - Page 2 Empty Re: Kingham toilet cassette - Difficult to remove

Post by melcragg Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 pm

It WAS the trigger. I was lifting it as far as I could but it was still snagging. In the end I broke it off. I cannot find a spare so will have to buy a new cassette for about £200. Doh!
melcragg

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Kingham toilet cassette - Difficult to remove - Page 2 Empty Re: Kingham toilet cassette - Difficult to remove

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Is this the cassette ( freshen kit, includes seat and cassette) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This site has a cassette retainer which is the spare you need, I think. £21.84

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktherussell Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm

At last! Other owners having trouble with the Kingham cassette.
Having worked out (or so I thought) how to easily remove the full cassette without water running from the bowl into the compartment started having trouble with the green slide,which seems to have no purpose. Then I managed to break the orange plastic lever that pushes the flap in the toilet base open. I can’t find anywhere that supplies this piece of plastic. This means when reinserting the cassette I have to leave it just short of its proper position,go into the van and manually open the flap,then pull the silver slide through into where it should be. Anyone who doesn’t have this toilet/cassette will think the above is gibberish...
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Is this it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kingham toilet cassette - Difficult to remove - Page 2 142562

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktherussell Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Sadly no,if I was at home I could take a picture of the offending piece of plastic. I think it broke when I had the green cover (as in the earlier picture) on the wrong way (again mentioned earlier) without seeing the cassette it’s hard for anyone to understand what I mean. I’ve had two caravans and a Symbol before this Kingham,and never had any trouble with cassettes. I broke the piece on I think the first time I removed this one,ironically it was unused and I was familiarising myself with its removal!
Thinking about it,I think the green slide was on the wrong way,causing me to use considerable force. I shall click on the leisure spares above link and hope to see the part.
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktherussell Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Success! I appear to have ordered the correct part.
Watch this space!
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bobash Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Does anybody know how the float works in the cassette? There are no wires connected and the float dosen't seem to connect with anything outside the cassette. Just a plastic float flopping about.
bobash
bobash

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm guessing it's magnetic, similar to the level guage in some LPG cylinders....??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:17 pm

bolero boy wrote:I'm guessing it's magnetic, similar to the level guage in some LPG cylinders....??
More likely just a float with a contact switch at the top of its travel.

It only indicates "full" so that's all it would need.
(I'm guessing that my guess is better than your guess! lol4  )
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Ours (Thetford C-200CW) has an internal float with a magnet, which when full aligns with a reed switch installed on the side wall of the access compartment. It uses a couple of AA alkali batteries, which I never bother to replace now as we don't ever let the cassette get full enough to actuate it, otherwise it's too cumbersome to carry. 

It's easy enough to see the level when the valve blade is open.

cheers
Roger

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 pm

Gromit wrote:

In the Dometic cassette, the proximity of the magnet in the float operates a microswitch for the indicator light. Its similar in operation to the alarm contact arrangement on doors.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:43 pm

Gromit wrote:

'twas not, it seems.... Whistle1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:05 pm

'twas!!!!  bow

Well, with a small stretch of the imagination. The reed elements make contact when the magnet gets close!!

Perhaps we'll call it a draw.  gimmefive
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bobash Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Can't understand why Domestic make the float pivot so flimsy. Such a common fault with the float breaking and such an easy solution by using a pin instead of a couple of bits of plastic for the pivot. It says it all when the instructions for emptying states do not shake violently as this can damage the float. Don't know about anybody else but after emptying I put some clean water in and give it a shake to clean the inside.
bobash
bobash

Male

Member Age : 78
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by jacktherussell Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:07 pm

If anyone has been following this thread,i had bought the wrong piece to sort the toilet out. The piece I required was the orange flap in the base of the toilet,which can only be seen when the cassette is removed and it drops down to cover the space taken by the slide to open the cassette. I’ve never had any issues with other toilets,maybe progress in design isn’t all it’s cracked up to be...
jacktherussell
jacktherussell

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2