The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 duetto le

+2
AutoSleepy_Don
Tigerbadge
6 posters

Go down

2000 duetto le  Empty 2000 duetto le

Post by Tigerbadge Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi all new to this forum, just brought the duetto private sale at the weekend.
Just trying out things today & main concerns are the water heater & fan heater, water heater  with electric hook up on & master switch on,  when I press the carver switch green light comes on  followed by red light .
If I connect gas bottle up the switch stays green & I get hot water, Is this a gas only heater?
With the fan heater I noticed that only one of the two ducts is connected by bench seat & the switch looks like it’s be changed to a Truma  not carver .
Again same problem if I turn dial up the fan runs but only cold air, if I connect gas & turn dial down the heater works?.
I see that my power controller in picture looks smaller than earlier models .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Appreciate any help you can give.
Nick
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

2000 duetto le  Empty Re: 2000 duetto le

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:42 pm

asof_welcome2
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:40 am

Nick.....both fan and water heater are fueled by gas. When it's not been used for some time it takes a bit to 'pull' the gas through until it ignites. Regards the water heater, before firing that up ensure the boiler is full by pumping water through by opening the tap until water is flowing through smoothly. 

A point worth mentioning here. As your van is the same age as mine, check the boiler burner box. Unless it's been replaced by a previous owner i can virtually guarantee you will need to get that done as they rust away. I had to replace mine about three years ago and they are date stamped so mine had lasted 15 years. They are easy to remove but if unsure, a mobile caravan service guy will do it for a small fee. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You will need to replace the gaskets/rubber 'o' ring seals at the same time though they are cheap and easily sourced off ebay. At the same time it's also worth popping in a new pressure relief valve.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 am

Hi and welcome to the forum from chilly Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 am

asof_welcome2
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 pm

Bulletguy thanks for info, I had a look in the bottom draw below sink tonight & found the water heater isolator switch so I turned it on & 20 mins later I had hot water from electric supply as well
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Tigerbadge wrote:Bulletguy thanks for info, I had a look in the bottom draw below  sink tonight & found the water heater isolator switch so I turned it on & 20 mins later I had hot water from electric supply as well

Sorry....yes i forgot to mention that! Another switch you may, or may not have yet found, is the battery charger as it's well hidden! It's in the cupboard with drop down door to the left of where your isolator switch is. Up at the top right side you will see (or feel) a hole in the felt liner. When on 240v hook up, the charger switch should illuminate red to show it's on.

The door to that cupboard is a bad design fault. When opened the door top is on the floor with the hinged bottom a good 2 or 3 inches up.....one false move with foot or knee will be indicated by a loud crack as the wood splits in two!!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Will investigate
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:59 pm

Tigerbadge wrote:Will investigate

I only run the charger for a few hours when on hook up as it's not that important if on tour. When i bought my van, the owner knew absolutely nothing about it but fortunately the original owners manual was still in the van so i was lucky in that respect (they often get lost or taken by dealers to stick in another Duetto). You will find this forum very useful for 'info' though!

Depending where you use your van you will find the underslung freshwater tank draws a fair bit of heat by itself in hot weather. On the road through Germany last year i used no gas at all to have a shower as the water was plenty warm enough.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 pm

Have a big cleaning job the weekend
So does you blown air heating work on gas & elctric or only on gas
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:45 am

Tigerbadge wrote:Have a big cleaning job the weekend
So does you blown air heating work on gas & elctric or only on gas
Gas for the burner and 12v electric runs the fan. I've rarely had to use mine. By far the best heaters are Eberspacher or Webasto which run off diesel.....a very pricey piece of kit though! The first van i owned had a Webasto in and the seller never even knew about it!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:24 am

Do Autosleepers have a plausible reason to hide  switches in cupboards at floor level when there is loads of room to place them at eye level, under the space heater switch on the Symbol for instance?
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 pm

crosgor wrote:Do Autosleepers have a plausible reason to hide  switches in cupboards at floor level when there is loads of room to place them at eye level, under the space heater switch on the Symbol for instance?
Probably money.....less cable needed so they saved a few pence! The RCD unit and heater switch is in a damn awful position for someone like me with osteoarthritis. Though they retain their value Duetto's had a few design quirks which simply made no sense at all. The roof aerial is one of my 'pet bugs'. At the build point A/S slap a nice new moulded grp roof on......only to then take a hole cutter drill to ram a hole through the front to fit the external radio aerial. Totally bonkers. 

More bonkers still is the amount of work necessary to get at the aerial mount should it need replacing...as i found out because mine did. The two forward inner roof sections have to be removed which means unscrewing a dozen screws to get at the aerial mount. Re-fitting is a two man job needing a set of ladders. Quite why they didn't simply use a length of braided copper wire mounted inside the roof i've no idea.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Haven’t got a roof aerial on mine but was thinking of putting a status 530 at some stage, looking at the fitting of that it is held to the roof with self tappers.
Is that a problem with the duetto roof?.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Tigerbadge wrote:Haven’t got a roof aerial on mine but was thinking of putting a status 530 at some stage, looking at the fitting of that it is held to the roof with self tappers.
Is that a problem with the duetto roof?.
The aerial i was referring to was the radio aerial...normally 'rubber duck' types fitted at the centre front part of the roof. I'm surprised there isn't one on yours as they were standard. The base mounts of 'rubber duck' aerials rust and rot and that's what had happened to mine so i replaced it with plastic roof mount off a Rover and the aerial is off a Citroen.

Status aerials are primarily for tv though will receive radio signals. As far as i'm aware they were a standard fitment on Duetto's and i've never seen any without one.  scratch head

The mounting pole goes through the roof top into the wardrobe/locker space. Fitting is simple enough as long as you are confident with a hole cutter saw because once started....there is no going back!!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:54 pm

I'm planning to cut a hole in the roof lining to enable me to change the aerial as its knackered, I aim to just change the mount which has crumbled using the existing cable.
I will cover the hole with a square of ply covered with the sacking material from a Sainsbury's 'bag for life.'
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Sorry I have a radio aerial not tv, perhaps when they ordered the van they couldn’t afford a tv as well.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

2000 duetto le  Empty Mot class on duetto

Post by Tigerbadge Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Looking at all my old mot’s i see it’s under class 4 but as the van is 3300kg should it be class 7.
Can anyone clarify.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down