The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Change "Warning Light"

4 posters

Go down

Oil Change "Warning Light" Empty Oil Change "Warning Light"

Post by KTF Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 am

Our 2017 Kingham has only covered 1200 miles and today the Change Oil warning light has come on.
Flashing for approx 5 miles then went off, then came on after a further few miles.
The oil level is fine, it can not be due a service yet.
So why has it come on ??
KTF
KTF

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Oil Change "Warning Light" Empty Re: Oil Change "Warning Light"

Post by jhorsf Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:49 am

mine is going in to have it reset this week 3200 miles 2017 pug I think they must be set on 12 months when they leave the factory and no one has altered them
jhorsf

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandolf Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:38 am

You can re set your self check previous posts
Gandolf
Gandolf

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Julesanian Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Gandolf wrote:You can re set your self check previous posts
Thanks sooooo much for that info. Yes , tracked video down  and although our Kingham didn’t have the same display as the video,  the suggested fix still worked. Whoo hoo - it was doing my head in the constantly flashing warning AND was interfering with my view of daily mileage and other readings. 
Cheers GANDOLF
Julesanian
Julesanian

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Julesanian Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Video link here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Julesanian
Julesanian

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jhorsf Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 am

jhorsf wrote:mine is going in to have it reset this week 3200 miles 2017 pug I think they must be set on 12 months when they leave the factory and no one has altered them
they rest it lets hope that is the end of it.I read today of transits that are euro 6 with oil change light coming on at very low mileages and Ford paying for the oil change under warranty ?
jhorsf

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:30 pm

Not trying to abuse the post, but my rules for oil changes are very simple, both for the Mh and the car. Both do circa 5000miles per year

Both get an oil and filter change with the service they get combined with the annual MOT, as well as other service items, of course, as needed.

This may seem rather frequent when you hear of 40000 mile oil changes these days, but, for me, the comparatively trivial cost is much less important than having fresh oil in the engine.

The reason is the use a normal (if there is such a thing) motorhome gets is a tiny fraction of the use white van man gives his van. Only rarely will a MH be used as hard as those either. The net result is that the oil rarely gets as hot and then it sits, probably for weeks at a time. This, I feel (and have no proof of, I must say) must encourage water and acids to be present in the oil, which is then still not burned off at the next use of the vehicle. I have also read of aluminium sumps on some diesels corroding from the inside.

Changing the oil annualy does not necessarily prevent this, but, at least, ensures that the oil is less than one year old. Oil is far and away the most important non mechanical part of any engine, its importance cannot be over stated. Many motorhomes would be financial write-offs if the engine seized, for example.

My mechanic at the garage I use agrees with this (he has nothing to gain financially) and tells me that many people with low mileage vehicles does the same.

One thing is for certain, it cannot do any harm!!

drinksallround
Anonymous

Back to top Go down