The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler

3 posters

Go down

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler Empty upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler

Post by STOPHAL Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi All
Do hope I am in the right section for this add I am trying to find the name of the material used in the above vehicle I have been serching all the scrap yards but the upholstry is allways damaged somehow all the seats in my van are all in good condition except the drivers seat and the front passanger seat If someone could let me know if they still manufacture this material If anyone can help I will be most gratefull or if anyone has some seat cushions they wish to sell then please contact me,Thanks in advance Chris up! handshake
STOPHAL
STOPHAL
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : TALBOT EXPRESS

Back to top Go down

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler Empty upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler

Post by Terry Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:17 pm

If you haven't done so already, try contacting Alan in Auto-Sleeper spares (0138685338), if you have a build number (eg sticker in glove box) he will be may be able to give you the original spec. He still had my details for a 98 Harmony, as an 'information guru' he can also recall all sorts of detail even without the build number. Our upholstery is now obsolete but at least I've got a name (laguna blue). They were even able to photocopy the original handbook for £10 which includes some build information. 1988 might be stretching things a bit but worth a try. If you're in ASOC give them a try as well.
Best of luck. up!
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler Empty upholstry material for 1988 Talbot Rambler

Post by STOPHAL Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi Terry
Thanks for that mate I will give the gentleman a call tomorrow and see if he can help me out
Chris
STOPHAL
STOPHAL
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler Empty upholstry material for 1988 Talbot Rambler

Post by Terry Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:35 pm

No worries, if there any interior bits and bobs you need let him know, if they are in stock they will be with you by Monday at the latest (they accept card payments over the phone), I ordered brass cupboard push buttons, a cargo net and a copy of the original handbook on a Wednesday pm and it was on my doorstep Thursday am !
If you need any fridge bits there's a supplier who can source new shelves and spare parts etc for old Electrolux fridges, not cheap but a useful resource. I can let you have the web address if you need it.
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler Empty Re: upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler

Post by Bulletguy Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:18 pm

STOPHAL wrote:Do hope I am in the right section for this add I am trying to find the name of the material used in the above vehicle I have been serching all the scrap yards......

As Terry says, Alan at Autosleeper is the man to deal with. He will tell you the exact name of the material design. I needed some for my Duetto where a previous owner had mysteriously cut a section away behind the bench side seat. It turned out to be my lucky day, Autosleeper still had some left but only because the upholsterer had returned what was left of a now obsolete material.....and my van is 2000 reg.

So good luck Stophal!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by STOPHAL Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:31 pm

HI ALL
HAD A CHAT WITH ALLAN AT AUTOSLEEPER BUT SADLY HE COULD NOT HELP ME HE SAID THAT THERE ARE NO RECORDS BEFORE 92 SO LOOKS LIKE I AM BACK TO SQUARE ONE IF ANY ONE OUT THERE HAS ANYMORE SUGESTIONS THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW
THANKS AGAIN gimmefive CHRIS
STOPHAL
STOPHAL
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler Empty UPHOLSTRY MATERIAL FOR 1988 TALBOT RAMBLER

Post by Terry Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:14 am

All I can suggest is companies like O'Leary's or Autovan in Poole as they buy up obsolete kit and/or break vans/caravans up. A full list of names often appears in MMM or 'tinternet if you haven't tried that route before. Alternatively try Baz Wellard at ASOC (no, really, that's his name) or write in to MMM Interchange. There's also people like Caravan Seat Covers (I think that's their name) in Bristol, again MMM or 'tinternet for lists if you've not tried them already, they may know someone who knows someone etc. and they often have stands at the shows. I've going down that route for repairing my knackered MK1 Boxer drivers seat squab cushion foam.
Happy hunting. scratch head
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by STOPHAL Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:28 am

Hi Terry
Thanks for all your attention to my plight I am intouch with a company in Stockport who profess to be able to match any material so I will see what they have to say I have spoken to Baz but he cant help me Its like looking for a needle in a haystack but am determined to find some somewhere will let you know if I have any luck ,thanks again

PS ,What year is your Harmony and what area do you live Chris
STOPHAL
STOPHAL
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

upholstery material 1988 Talbot Rambler Empty UPHOLSTRY MATERIAL FOR 1988 TALBOT RAMBLER

Post by Terry Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Although mine is a 1999 T reg on a MK1 Boxer (you may have read our history elsewhere on the forum inc. Jan 2012 MMM ) it turns out that it went through AS QC in June 1998 ! We bought it as new in April 1999 when living in Reading not knowing at the time it had been kicking around for 9 months waiting for a home. To cut a very long story short (and save boring the pants off other forum readers) we traded it in 2002 and re-purchased it in October 2011 from a local dealer for day trips having moved to the Southampton area in 2010, its had a few owners but still only has 55,000 on the clock and in pretty good nick.
If you're like me you won't give up on your search and I wish you well, somebody out there can help !
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Hope I'm not being a nuisance but there's a 1988 Rambler for sale on this website, they might have have info on the interior if there's any manuals still on board, worth a call ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Just a thought.
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down