The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fitting TV bracket in 1999 Trident

2 posters

Go down

fitting TV bracket in 1999 Trident  Empty fitting TV bracket in 1999 Trident

Post by Johnny boy Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:32 am

I have a 1999 Trident with an Avtex TV . I am considering mounting this on a bracket as it currently sits on top of the fitted units when in use , but this causes problems with access etc . However  there does not seem to be an obvious place to mount a bracket that won't obstruct access to cupboards etc . 

Have any other trident owners solved this problem ??

many thanks
Johnny boy
Johnny boy

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

fitting TV bracket in 1999 Trident  Empty Re: fitting TV bracket in 1999 Trident

Post by finbar Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:13 am

It's a problem in the tight confines of a Trident. I'm not sure if there is any difference between a 1999 and our 1996 model, but I mounted a swivel bracket on the side of the front upper cupboard over the cooker ( I know it's not an ideal place, but it's the only place). We don't have the TV in place when cooking. I fitted a aerial socket on the side of the roof which is now wired to a power point on the upper shelf. I also have the 12 volt and mains supply in that power point. The TV mounts on to the swivel bracket with a quick on/off slide on clip. We store the TV in the drawer under the bed. Hopefully these photos will show up.

finbar
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
finbar
finbar

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

fitting TV bracket in 1999 Trident  Empty Re: fitting TV bracket in 1999 Trident

Post by Johnny boy Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:57 am

I thought about that but didnt fancy having to take  down the Tv every time we boiled a kettle etc ....... but as you say it does seem to be only place .
I guess we'll need to plan TV time a little better 

many thanks for your reply
Johnny boy
Johnny boy

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by finbar Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:20 pm

We don't cook a meal with the TV in place. but because the support has two swivel arms it can be pushed in front of the main upper cupboard out of the way. 
This allows us to boil a kettle with the TV still attached, but out of the heat and steam. It has been used for three years like that with out any problem, but we do remove the TV when travelling.

finbar
finbar
finbar

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down