The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1992 Trident roof trim+roof light/skylight

3 posters

Go down

1992 Trident roof trim+roof light/skylight Empty 1992 Trident roof trim+roof light/skylight

Post by DVW Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi,
wondered if anyone could help. I have recently purchased a 1992 Trident. There is a piece of trim which is broken and I was hoping to find a replacement. The trim runs accross the width of the van above the tailgate door and seems to cover the joint between the roof and the van body. Autosleeper say they can no longer supply this. They also say that it is not essential with regards to water getting in between the roof and van body. Wondered if anyone had any ideas on obtaining this piece or if indeed it is essential. Also hope to replace the rooflight/skylight. Wondered if this will have to be an Autosleeper part or will most 400x400 skylights fit.
Thanks for any help. David.
DVW

Auto-Sleeper Model : TRIDENT

Back to top Go down

1992 Trident roof trim+roof light/skylight Empty Re: 1992 Trident roof trim+roof light/skylight

Post by Dave Legend Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 am

Hi, can't offer any advice on the trim you are after, but I know the 'skylights' to be a standard size and easy to fit on the Trident (if I can do it, anyone can!) as I changed ours when we had a '92 Trident.
Cheers David. up!
Dave Legend
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Legend. Transit 2.5

Back to top Go down

1992 Trident roof trim+roof light/skylight Empty Re: 1992 Trident roof trim+roof light/skylight

Post by Steve Zodiac Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:53 pm

It's a low quality plastic molding pop-riveted in place. Mine has split and I'd guess they all do. I'd guess there's not much hope of getting a replacement.

I've fitted a Fiamma Turbo Vent which I think is an essential modification. It's great for extracting the air when cooking and you can reverse the flow to blow cool air into the van in hot weather. It's easy enough to fit and slots into the hole perfectly. I took the power from the interior light. It's also a lot more streamlined than the cheap and nasty original vent so it doesn't make a din when you drive above 40. I bought the version with the thermostat and it's worth every penny.

Steve Zodiac
Steve Zodiac

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by DVW Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate you advice.
DVW

Auto-Sleeper Model : TRIDENT

Back to top Go down