The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Nuevo Leisure Battery. Rating?

+5
Paulmold
orian
roli
Robbie
LobbyLudd
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Replacement Nuevo Leisure Battery. Rating? - Page 2 Empty Re: Replacement Nuevo Leisure Battery. Rating?

Post by LobbyLudd Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Flynn wrote:Hi,

I have just changed my leisure battery and posted this info under another stream.

It might also be heplful for people in this post.

Chasis is a 2004 peugeot,

"I have now removed the battery and replaced the 85ah Green power battery with 100ah Elecsol battery which is a no maintenance leisure battery that I bought for a Bongo I used to have.

http://www.elecsolbatteries.com/products/Leisure-Batteries/Elecsol-100.html

The battery fits perfectly between the front and back floor mounted stays but is a fraction to long to go in=between the clamp bolts at either end. The solution was to simply "nibble" away a little bit of the lip on the bottom of the battery where the clamp bolts are. This is not part of the main battery body but an added bit to enable clamping"

Yess!! thanks Flynn allthumbz

Seems this Elecsol 'carbon fibre' 100ah jobbie is going to be the one (packing the most Amp Hours of any methinks into such a comparatively small casing size)., and I also think I follow just how you 'shoe horned it into the available space within the 'restricted' under seat location on the Nuevo
(In fact the height is actually lower than the old std 80amp h floor vented one as originally fitted by A/S anyway) The width is the same 175mm. Its just coping with that approx 17mm extra total length.

Now to get the debit card out in readiness - "mind the moths said the wife amusingly girl-thinking (100 squid (Tanya Batteries) don't seem too bad for a 5yr guarantee, methinks you probably get what you pay for )

What has intrigued me though is hearing that the Elecsol company , although having an apparently excellent product have actually gained a rather poor 'end customer' relationship in some respects with certain individuals I have read when they have had occasion to contact their after sales dept for queries and dealings etc.
Has anyone had other than expected performance for more than a year or so with an Elecsol battery considering the price difference.
I think others may also be interested as it seems to be the battery checking season!

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2