The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains

+3
stevomar
Paulmold
Martin Lloyd
7 posters

Go down

AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains Empty AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains

Post by Martin Lloyd Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:18 am

Hi All,

I picked up my 1998 2.4 diesel Trooper yesterday. I'm sure I'll have to ask some advice on these boards, as I'm a newbie, not only to this forum, but to motorhoming in general.

All the curtains are missing in my van apart from the rear window, the track seems to be in place, although there is a piece missing along the offside above the cooker and cabinets (the clips to keep it in place are there). My question is where is the best place to buy a replacement set of curtains to fit a Trooper? And where can I buy a small length of track?

Thanks,

Martin
Martin Lloyd
Martin Lloyd

Auto-Sleeper Model : none

Back to top Go down

AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains Empty Re: AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains

Post by Paulmold Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am

This Ebay seller has a few Autosleeper curtain parts for sale, maybe worth contacting them to see if they can supply the track or point you in the right direction ..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains Empty Re: AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains

Post by stevomar Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Martin and welcome

If you can find out/or need to know the dimensions from someone on here then it may well be best to get the curtains made up by a local curtain maker or someone you know who's handy with a sewing machine.
Cheers
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony F Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Curtain above the cooker? Sounds very dodgy; perhaps this is why there is no rail???

Tony
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Tony F wrote:Curtain above the cooker? Sounds very dodgy; perhaps this is why there is no rail???

Tony
On a my Trident (which is the same inside as a Trooper) there is a curtain but it can't be set alight as you have to lift the job cover up to cook and this protects the curtain and blind.
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 pm

On a my Trident (which is the same inside as a Trooper) there is a curtain but it can't be set alight as you have to lift the job cover up to cook and this protects the curtain and blind.

+1
spook69
spook69

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident (VW T4)

Back to top Go down

Post by rosgrech Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Martin Lloyd wrote:My question is where is the best place to buy a replacement set of curtains to fit a Trooper? And where can I buy a small length of track?

I had been hunting high and low for replacement gliders and hooks for my Legend (same track on most campers) and found

and

Both of which I found to be very helpful (even getting samples) and, amazingly, cheaper than ebay.

WARNING: There will be other items on both those sites that will tempt you!

Good luck.

broomstick Rosemary

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

AutoSleepers Trooper Track & Curtains Empty Trooper curtains and track

Post by Terry Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:10 pm

If there is a build number either in a handbook or a sticker inside the glove box, contact Alan in AS spares as he will be able to tell you what you should have as AS still have build notes from way back (he had them for my 1998 Harmony), probably down to the last nut and bolt. Failing that if you can tell him what year your vehicle is he will certainly be able to give you some guidance. If AS don't have any stock let the forum know and they've got very keen eyes and will help you to find stuff.(I'm speaking from grateful first hand experience).
If you do use AS for parts they will be in your hand within 48hours from ordering, not something you can expect from other motorhome companies.
Good Luck.
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down