The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track Lighting System in Kemerton

5 posters

Go down

Track Lighting System in Kemerton Empty Track Lighting System in Kemerton

Post by Kennyontour Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:28 pm

I know this is an unimportant question, but, does anyone know the manufacturer/ model of the track lighting system on the drivers side lounge area.  I cant find any information in the handbook or online.  It is a rail with two removable/movable LED lights.  All the lights in the van are ‘cool’ blue lights and I’d ideally like to replace these ones with some warm white lights.  As its a modular system that ought to be straightforward once i know which make and model it is.  Thanks in advance for any info 👍
Kennyontour
Kennyontour

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Track Lighting System in Kemerton Empty Re: Track Lighting System in Kemerton

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:44 pm

It’s not unimportant at all.  A good lighting design using thoughtfully selected fittings makes a huge difference to how we feel when living in a space.  I find it dismal that AS are still fitting cold white LED lighting throughout.  They go to great lengths to make their van interiors warm and attractive, then ruin the effect with poorly chosen lighting that has about as much appeal as a 1970’s kitchen lit by flourescent tubes.  AS vans are generally well designed and fitted out but their lighting choices have always baffled me.

I’m unable to answer your question about the supplier of the lighting in your Kemerton.  AS change their suppliers for interior fittings quite frequently but they should be able to point you to their supplier.  You’ll need to quote the production number of your van which will be on a label fixed to the inside of the glove box.  It will be prefixed with a ‘P’ and this enables AS to identify everything fitted to your vehicle.  

The lighting originally fitted to our Kemerton was supplied by Lumo ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and was an equally unappealing cold white.  I replaced the lighting under the overhead lockers with warm white LED strip.  For the spotlights in the lounge area I was able to add coloured filters, as used by theatre lighting designers, to the lenses to make the light warmer.  In the case of your track lighting, I agree it should be possible to keep the track and fit alternative luminaires, assuming the supplier can offer that as an option.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:20 pm

I'm another who prefers warm white to the cold white lights often fitted - I've changed all of mine too, or converted from fluorescent to warm white LEDs.

A lot depends on the construction of the fittings, but if you can't get replacements in warm white it may be possible to replace the LED components inside the fittings. That's likely to involve a small amount of soldering, but there are a number of people here that can probably advise on that, if necessary. But hopefully it won't be, and the fittings will still be available!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:14 am

I’ve noticed these type of lights popping up recently in caravan/Motorhome reviews.
The only thing I can find online are these by Dometic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennyontour Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks everyone, i will get cracking and see what i can come up with  👍
Dbvwt that link is great, the fixing looks identical - and i’d had a good look online to see if i could see anything similar, and failed - so thanks
Kennyontour
Kennyontour

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:42 am

You had probably seen this one on the same website, the difference being it takes different bulbs rather than a fixed bright one.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:05 pm

I've no quibble with the lights in our Kemerton XL's lounge area / saloon etc. However, I don't like the blue LEDs in the shower which I am stuck with. I'd far prefer white but it wouldn't look so impressive to new prospective customers, until they come own one.

After we took delivery of our Kemerton XL in July we had a fault with our EC700, it failed and then worked as if we had a Swift Caravan. On the LCD panel at the time there was an option on the LCD panel to dim the lights. I may be mistaken but my impression was that A/S used this panel space to allow configuration of the coming home aka awning lights. I have no idea if this is a goer but can you dim white LCD lights to make them warmer?
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Relaxed-Vous - dimming LED (I think you mean) lights won’t make them warmer, sadly.  They tend to go more of a grey shade when dimmed.

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennyontour Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Dbvwt - those are definately the same fittings so i’ve got a couple of lamps on order - if i stick warm bulbs in i’ll be good to go.  I dont mind white light in work areas, but for me its just not cosy enough in a seating area, too clinical. Thanks again all for all your help. ( completely agree  about the blue shower lights Relaxez Vous - silly and gimmicky - which lets it down a bit, but i can live with that 😂
Kennyontour
Kennyontour

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Great, hope the lights get delivered ok.
Let us know how you get on as I’m sure other 2019 owners will be interested (2018 vans like mine have the fixed lights not the track lights)
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down