The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

91 T4 Trooper or Trident - Curtains

3 posters

Go down

91 T4 Trooper or Trident - Curtains Empty 91 T4 Trooper or Trident - Curtains

Post by Scooters dog Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:29 am

Afternoon Everyone, 

I still have my Trooper pretty much as original and it has the Rust Lined Chartres curtain material but the front windscreen curtains are missing so a couple of questions that someone may just have the answer to.

1. Has anybody tracked down or have any idea where the material came from in the first place or a stockist of something similar? or maybe even some to sell?

2. From the tie backs and position of the press studs I am guessing that they are two single curtains that pull around to the middle of the dashboard. Can anybody send me some pictures please  as I am struggling a little bit to see how they fit with vertical plane of the door window but then "rake" from the curtain rail at the top to the dashboard, as wouldn't they ruck in the corner.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris 
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

91 T4 Trooper or Trident - Curtains Empty Re: 91 T4 Trooper or Trident - Curtains

Post by thehedd Fri May 22, 2020 7:27 am

Hi Chris 
How did you get on you get on with curtains, did you manage to measure up and source the sliders 
I have a few links if you need and am replacing my curtains this summer. 👍🌞
thehedd
thehedd

Female

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1993 vw

Back to top Go down

91 T4 Trooper or Trident - Curtains Empty Re: 91 T4 Trooper or Trident - Curtains

Post by Scooters dog Fri May 22, 2020 7:46 am

Hi Thanks for the reply.

No luck I am afraid, the curtain material is pretty much falling apart now and although I think I have them hung the right windows, they don’t appear to fit very well.

I have been searching for the sliders but I don’t seem to be able to find the right ones, I have a request in with AS but with lockdown there hasn’t been a reply yet.

An info you have would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Chris
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Fri May 22, 2020 10:40 am

The sliders on our Executive of the same vintage are Silent Gliss and have special tape to go with them. Our curtains at the windscreen meet in the middle and are fastened to the dash board with press studs. Where the curtain goes past the windscreen pillar it fastens with a press stud. If you look you might find so Male side press studs screwed to the dashboard. I will go and take some pictures of what we have and if your set up looks similar I can measure the curtains for you.
Doris
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Fri May 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Front curtains. If I was making them again I would measure from the door post to the middle of the dash board  and make that the width of the curtain. This would remove some of the fullness along the lower edge and give a more tailored look. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Doris
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Fri May 22, 2020 12:29 pm

The rest.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Doris
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by thehedd Fri May 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Looks good Doris, I have these same studs on my 1993 Trooper. A job certainly worth doing
thehedd
thehedd

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by thehedd Fri May 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Looks good Doris, I have these same studs on my 1993 Trooper. A job certainly worth doing
thehedd
thehedd

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooters dog Fri May 22, 2020 1:25 pm

Thank You Doris, that is very kind.
I can see see straight away that although my windscreen curtains have press studs in the middle of the dash (slightly different dashboard) there isn't anything by the vents to secure the "corners".

The silent gliss sliders are slightly different to the current ones so I am not too sure whether they will fit the rail. I will see if I can post an image.

Chris
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooters dog Fri May 22, 2020 1:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooters dog Fri May 22, 2020 1:31 pm

If anyone has any of the old curtains or knows where I can get the (above) fabric I would be grateful to hear from you.
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Fri May 22, 2020 2:38 pm

It would be easy to add a press stud if there is somewhere to screw it. The male part of the press stud has a hole that you can use to screw it to a solid surface rather than using it on fabric.
Doris
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Fri May 22, 2020 2:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
These are like the ones I bought plus the gliders.
I will look for the tape as it is a special tape not like the normally available one.

Last edited by Doris on Fri May 22, 2020 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding picture)
Doris
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris Fri May 22, 2020 3:15 pm

This site sells all the fittings plus the tape [url=http://www.volkswagencampercurtains.co.uk/silent gliss.htm][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] gliss.htm[/url]
The glides on the other windows are different and do not use hooks. The tape loops over the glider. I used what was already there when I redid the curtains and I wonder if the glides without hooks would make a neater job?  If  I can find a spare glider I will try it out but it will be a couple of weeks before I will be able to look for them.
Doris
Doris
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooters dog Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Just as a quick update, AS still sell the original gliders, I am awaiting a reply on cost and quantity. 🙂
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Back to top Go down