The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aircon in 2011 Symbol not working...

3 posters

Go down

aircon in 2011 Symbol not working... Empty aircon in 2011 Symbol not working...

Post by mpbarrett Wed May 17, 2017 9:06 pm

We had the Aircon on our 2011 Peugeot based Symbol ES refilled recently.
We are now in Spain and noticed on the way down to Portsmouth that the A/C is not working, no cold air. The light on the button comes on and the fuse is shared with the cruise control and this is working.
Its just a small chance but anyone any ideas what the problem might be? I noticed there is not effect when the aircon is switched on (no drop in engine speed or any other sound) so its sounds like the compressors not engaging...
At the moment the weather is cold and very wet in northern Spain so don't need it (just need the heater) but would be nice to try to sort it or at least diagnose what the problem is!

cheers
mike
mpbarrett
mpbarrett

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : none
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

aircon in 2011 Symbol not working... Empty Re: aircon in 2011 Symbol not working...

Post by kaspian Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 pm

You may have an undetected leak of refrigerant gas. Why was the gas replenished ?  My car had just this problem with the compressor pulley not engaging and it was down to a failsafe mechanism where if low gas is detected the system stops  engagement of the compressor to avoid damage. A few years ago it took 3 trips and 3 refills before main dealer found leak in aircon requiring new condenser in my car  at that time and that was only 4 months old.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

aircon in 2011 Symbol not working... Empty Re: aircon in 2011 Symbol not working...

Post by Bartfarst Sat May 20, 2017 9:58 am

In my experience one of the most common points of leakage is from the A/C pressure switch. This is an easy fix: disconnect the harness and unscrew. Wet the rubber seal on the new one with refrigerant prior to assembly. The switch can electrically fail too. However best is if you interrogate the fault codes with a simple reader.

Bartfarst

PS In Redditch we are blessed with a first rate A/C workshop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which I recommend without reservation.
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down