The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fiamma awning

2 posters

Go down

fiamma awning Empty fiamma awning

Post by yorkyt5 Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Can anybody tell me if there are special brackets to fit a topaz hightop because the fiamma ones don't clear the roof side window smile!
yorkyt5
yorkyt5

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

fiamma awning Empty Re: fiamma awning

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:05 am

Hi Yorky
On my Topaz the forward mounting bracket is a couple of inches (horizontally) beyond the widow. The rear one is a couple of metres away, and the body of the Fiamma 45i awning allows clear movement of the window.
If you send me a PM with an e'mail address, I could send you a couple of photos.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

fiamma awning Empty Re: fiamma awning

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:55 am

Yorky
The mounting on my Topaz comprises 1. two wedge shaped fibreglass fillets to provide a vertical face and 2. two metal L shaped brackets ( about 3" wide)  which are fastened to the fillets.
The metal brackets have a hooked top end. The Fiamma awning frame hooks in at the top and rests on the base of the L, where a couple of pop-rivets hold it in place.
The only way to lower the awning would be to refasten the L-brackets at a lower position on the fillets.  I have had my awning off to retro-fit an electric drive, but I cannot recall what form of fastening is used to hold the brackets.
I bought the Topaz second hand but was told it had been fitted by AS, so it should be right. I have a few photos but would prefer to send them via e'mail.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

fiamma awning Empty photo of brackets for fiamma

Post by yorkyt5 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Hi Keith because l'm new l can't send a pm , any chance of  pm ing me with your email address so that l can email you back . Cheers Alan yorkyt5 wave
yorkyt5
yorkyt5

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down