The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No water Kemerton sink taps after refilling

5 posters

Go down

No water Kemerton sink taps after refilling Empty No water Kemerton sink taps after refilling

Post by keithc Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:07 pm

guys me again, has anybody had issues with (I assume) air locks after refilling the water tank?
Just refilled and sterilised my water tank. Both sink taps and shower sink / shower discharged some air, the shower taps were then fine and hot water system ok also, however only a drip from sink taps.
Not sure how best to deal?
Regards Keith
keithc
keithc

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

No water Kemerton sink taps after refilling Empty Re: No water Kemerton sink taps after refilling

Post by inspiredron Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Did the pump carry on running?
Is there any water left in the tank - ie are bathroom taps still running?  Did you switch the bathroom taps off? 

If the answers are all Yes then wait for a minute or two to let more air out of the sink tap while watching your feet for a massive leak (unlikely).  You have probably just got some air that needs driving out of the pipes which can take a couple of minutes at the start of the season.  The initial splutter shows that you did not get all the water out when you drained down so there could be some frost damage to the sink tap but in that case you would hear the pump carrying on when th esink tap is off (and have water round your feet!)
Start with the cold side only and once that is running th ehot should follow fairly quickly.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

No water Kemerton sink taps after refilling Empty Re: No water Kemerton sink taps after refilling

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Don't know your taps, but there may be a filter guaze in the spout, unscrew the end and clean it.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by keithc Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, it was yes to all your points Ron, so did conclude it was just an air lock but I did wait for a few minutes several times, each time not stopping the water pump for up to 10 minutes. The pump does keep running.
No sign of leaks, tried adjusting the water pump pressure switch which didn't make a difference. Will see if there is any fine filter on the tap next. Regards Keith
keithc
keithc

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:07 pm

Same problem just last week....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:12 pm

My Shurflow pump ceased up last year, bit miffed at the time. scratch head  Whilst replacing it with a new one, I noticed the installation date on the old one was 1993. Can't complain at at the service this has given, in actual fact there aren't many items you can get 23 years of use from, and it's always in use. shrugg
Hurrah for Shurflow.  allthumbz
logburner
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down