The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trooper / Trident bed/rear seat removal.

5 posters

Go down

Trooper / Trident bed/rear seat removal. Empty Trooper / Trident bed/rear seat removal.

Post by Richsvan Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello,
Does anyone know how to remove the bed/seat from a Trooper? I think the topic has been has been asked many moons ago, but perhaps someone knows now.

Or if anyone knows how to remove the under bed draw that might be sufficient.

Thanks 

Rich
Richsvan
Richsvan

Auto-Sleeper Model : 1992 T4 Trooper

Back to top Go down

Trooper / Trident bed/rear seat removal. Empty Re: Trooper / Trident bed/rear seat removal.

Post by zeberdy Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:44 pm

I have read that the seat frame has captive nuts and the bolts that secure it are accessible from the under side but only after removing the water tank. 

Having had a quick look at how the the under seat draw may come out it appears to have some sort of release catch on the end of the runners and whilst this may be possible on the passenger side access is tricky on the cupboard side.

It may be possible to remove the 3 screws at either side of the draw that secure it to the runners.

This is something I intend to investigate further when I get a bit of time as I would like to make the rear seat a quick release assembly, to use the space for carrying other things on occasions that the current permanent seat assembly prevents.

Regards

Zeberdy
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : T5 Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Trooper / Trident bed/rear seat removal. Empty Re: Trooper / Trident bed/rear seat removal.

Post by -mojo- Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:52 pm

Richsvan wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove the bed/seat from a Trooper?

Can I be nosey and ask why you want to take it out? I ask purely out of general curiosity!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:17 pm

zeberdy wrote:I have read that the seat frame has captive nuts and the bolts that secure it are accessible from the under side but only after removing the water tank. 

Having had a quick look at how the the under seat draw may come out it appears to have some sort of release catch on the end of the runners and whilst this may be possible on the passenger side access is tricky on the cupboard side.

It may be possible to remove the 3 screws at either side of the draw that secure it to the runners.

This is something I intend to investigate further when I get a bit of time as I would like to make the rear seat a quick release assembly, to use the space for carrying other things on occasions that the current permanent seat assembly prevents.

Regards

Zeberdy
You will have to be very carefully not to invalidate the Type approval, it's not something your insurance people would be happy about.  

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Richsvan Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:24 pm

The reason......
I want to look into fitting a 3 point belt. I've already got hold of a genuine middle row passenger side belt.
I need to get to the lower mounting hole and will need to investigate the buckle side of things. So the bed or the draw will need to come out.

Ideally I'd like to fit 3 point belts on both sides but the drivers side looks more challenging

Finding the time is the main thing. So any advise on the easy / right way to do it is appreciated.

Cheers
Rich
Richsvan
Richsvan

Auto-Sleeper Model : 1992 T4 Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Richsvan wrote:The reason......
I want to look into fitting a 3 point belt. I've already got hold of a genuine middle row passenger side belt.
I need to get to the lower mounting hole and will need to investigate the buckle side of things. So the bed or the draw will need to come out.

Ideally I'd like to fit 3 point belts on both sides but the drivers side looks more challenging

Finding the time is the main thing. So any advise on the easy / right way to do it is appreciated.

Cheers
Rich
I think the 3 point seat belt mounting points on my trooper are all behaving the rear seat.

Not under it.

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zeberdy Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:20 pm

This may help depending on the type of runners you have fitted http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/51-autosleeper-motorhomes/109796-autosleeper-drawer-removal.html

Mine appear to be different and the inner runner does not seem to separate so have to remove the 3 nuts inside the draw that secure it to the runner.
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : T5 Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Denking Wed May 10, 2017 2:56 pm

How can I remove the three childs upper 'bed panel's' on my 1998 VWT4 autosleeper Trooper
Denking
Denking

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Autosleeper Topa
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf Wed May 10, 2017 4:38 pm

ByDenking wrote:How can I remove the three childs upper 'bed panel's' on my 1998 VWT4 autosleeper Trooper
Don't the sliding ones  just lift out.

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down