The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear seat removal on Trooper

2 posters

Go down

Rear seat removal on Trooper Empty Rear seat removal on Trooper

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Has anyone tried removing the rear seat/bed from a Trooper (or Trident)? I have to transport some bulky goods so would prefer to maximise the space in the van temporarily.

Richard
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Rear seat removal on Trooper Empty Re: Rear seat removal on Trooper

Post by stevomar Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi Richard
If you're handy I reckon it wouldn't be too difficult to remove the Rock n Roll bed - never tried it myself though!
Do you really need to take it out though. When we got flat pack units from IKEA a while back we just pulled the bed out flat and placed the boxes flat on the bed through the tailgate. I suppose it depends on what you're carrying though.
Cheers
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Don't think getting the Rock'n'roll bed out is that difficult as I seem to recall the frame just bolts to the floor, but what about the drawer underneath? Not so easy to remove without damaging I'd have thought shrugg

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Thx for the prompt replies...

1. We need to transport a 4'6" double mattress, which I think will be tight.
2. The drawer does seem to be the problem - can't figure how to get that out at the moment .

Richard
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:14 pm

If the mattress will bend or fold in the middle you should be OK, we got two large single tempur mattresses in our Trident and they are much thicker and bulkier than standard mattresses, having said that.. they did stack on top on one another but plenty of room spare so you might be OK if you can flex it, or depending on how far you have to travel (not sure if its wise traveling with the hi-top up) can it not stand upright on the floor?

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Preferring not to bend the mattress if possible, as I gather the springs don't appreciate it! Will try to get that drawer out tomorrow, somehow.

Richard
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 pm

I had a further look at the rear seat mountings today. It seems the securing bolts are all captive in the seat frame. In order to remove the frame it would be necessary to get under the van to remove all the nuts and their backing plates. I also suspect there's a water tank obstructing access to some. So looks like a dead end as far as I'm concerned.

However by removing the seat back, which appears to starightforward, I then get a shorter flat platform. This means the sliding door access is unobstructed so hopefully aforementioned double mattress will slip in there.

Thx for all the advice on this subject!

Richard
Anonymous

Back to top Go down