The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW T4 Trident 2004 LE

4 posters

Go down

VW T4 Trident 2004 LE Empty VW T4 Trident 2004 LE

Post by zeberdy Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi All,

First post but often casual reader so just saying hello.

As long time caravanner's if all goes top plan we shall shortly be getting our first camper van a VW Trident 2004 which is obviously going to be a learning curve as we are used to being able to take everything including the kitchen sink in our caravan, so some stream lining of our kit is going to be required.

The van we are getting comes without a Fiamma wind out awning that I am familiar with as we have one all be it a pull out one that fits into our awning rail on the caravan and find we use a lot when we are away for a weekend and the weather is not looking too bad.

Could anyone with a trident SWB confirm the length / model of Fiamma awning that can be used with the Trident.

Actually as I am writing this I am thinking that it may be possible to cut down my old one that owes us nothing and I have had apart a few times to repair to a suitable length for the camper and secure it with some awning channel to the camper this would then enable it to not be removable rather than permanently fixed.

No doubt be popping in a bit more often soon

Zeberdy
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : T5 Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

VW T4 Trident 2004 LE Empty Re: VW T4 Trident 2004 LE

Post by finbar Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Our trident has the Fiamma f45 plus, fitted from standard. I think it is about 2.4 or 2.5mtrs long. The fibreglass roof has to have a wooden strip bonded inside to strengthen it and give something solid to attach the heavy awning to.
I'm no sure if this wooden strip is fitted as standard on all tridents or only when they were ordered with a fiamma awning.
I think it's quite a job the retro fit.
As you have an awning I would start there and see how you go.
One small tip if you are having storage problems, remember that collapsible silicone is your friend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Happy camping
finbar up!
finbar
finbar

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by zeberdy Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks for the welcome and reply clearly need to do some more investigation when I collect the Trident. 

Interesting use of collapsible products strangely my wife gave me a collapsible bucket for Xmas, that kettle looks really interesting no doubt they will tell us in years to come like most things silicone is bad for us.

Have you ever removed the rear seat?

I hope to be able to make it more of a quick release setup as would like to be able to use the van for transporting other things (motorbikes) from time to time.

I notice from your blog you have got good MPG from your 2.4 not sure how this 2.5 will be from what I have read should be similar but time will tell.

We hope to do a Scottish tour this summer but obviously do a few short long runs first to iron out any issues hoping we don't find many but you never know.

Regards

Zeberdy
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:04 am

Hi and welcome to the forum from Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:26 am

asof_welcome2
Dont think you need worry about mpg those 5 pots are economical
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by finbar Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:35 am

zeberdy wrote:
Interesting use of collapsible products strangely my wife gave me a collapsible bucket for Xmas, that kettle looks really interesting no doubt they will tell us in years to come like most things silicone is bad for us.

I have been expecting the same

Have you ever removed the rear seat?

The Trident seat is well fitted and it would be a pain the remove. I think the only answer would be to replace it with an aftermarket R & R bed, but that would bring in complications with crash testing and seat belts. Perhaps a pack away trailer?

I hope to be able to make it more of a quick release setup as would like to be able to use the van for transporting other things (motorbikes) from time to time.

I notice from your blog you have got good MPG from your 2.4 not sure how this 2.5 will be from what I have read should be similar but time will tell.

I've hit the magic 40mpg once which isn't bad considering I'm driving the equivalent of an upright house brick  hugegrins  and I believe the 2.5 can do it easily. I do swear by Diesel rhino. The difference is noticeable.

We hope to do a Scottish tour this summer but obviously do a few short long runs first to iron out any issues hoping we don't find many but you never know.

I highly recommend Fforest fields for a short trip from the West Mids.

up!    

finbar
finbar
finbar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zeberdy Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks for the reply and info,

That Welsh site looks interesting Walking and Cycling are our thing.

Can I ask what you store in the bag on the rear ladder looks handy use of space.
zeberdy
zeberdy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by finbar Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:06 pm

We store our smelly,muddy walking boots rather than having them in the campervan. snigger blushes

finbar

ps
the Extreme knitter say that it's my boots that are smelly. She claims hers smell of roses and meadow grass. hugegrins
finbar
finbar

Male

Back to top Go down