The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ford duetto

2 posters

Go down

ford duetto                                   Empty ford duetto

Post by mike sinden Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:21 pm

hello , all you a/s duetto owners , have recently bought a 2005 duetto , want to try it out but at the mo too cold for the wife , fair enough , so want to try out various items while parked on my drive , I have E.H.U. so far have tried lights only , but need to put heating on ,also put water in the system so I can get hot water out , but I read somewhere that the boiler drain should be closed /open , now that's the first time ive heard it mentioned , where is it , and does it need to be opened or closed , at present I don't intend to shut down for the winter , it will be used , hoping someone can advise .
many thanks
mike sinden
mike sinden
mike sinden

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

ford duetto                                   Empty Ford duetto

Post by tallslimdave Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi
       If your Duetto is same as ours 2006,boiler empty valve is on floor of boiler compartment under bench seat,there is access thro 3 inch plugged hole ,but unscrew panel you ll learn more! Valve has yellow plastic 'lever' to close push down til horizontal,either direction ,to empty lever should be vertical, test by filling tank!,if open it ll drain away  !    To fire up eberspacher diesel heater push top button on mini controller next to main switch panel ,it ll start fan then get warm ramp to high speed then settle down ,give it 7/8 minutes at least,,,,,needs good leisure battery ! Or try with ehu if no joy, rotary control is not a 'stat. Water system will need air purged play with all taps till water steady .....best of luck,,,,,,,loads info on here, might get more response under 'van conversions'

Dave h

Heater turns of with centre button ,cool fan use bottom button,,,
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down