The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma toilet

4 posters

Go down

Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma  toilet  Empty Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma toilet

Post by MRW Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi My 94 Trophy has a Fiamma 670 toilet . the cassette flap has broken and spares are not available .
Has any one replaced the Fiamma with a thetford toilet and if so which one?  and will it still fit the rear door? or am I going to have to do some serious bodywork alterations to fit one ?

Any advice will be greatly received
 Thank You 
 Mike
MRW
MRW

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy

Back to top Go down

Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma  toilet  Empty Re: Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma toilet

Post by busby65 Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Think a phone call to Autosleeper would be your best bet,,BUSBY65,,
busby65
busby65
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma  toilet  Empty Re: Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma toilet

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:50 am

MRW wrote:Hi My 94 Trophy has a Fiamma 670 toilet . the cassette flap has broken and spares are not available .
Has any one replaced the Fiamma with a thetford toilet and if so which one?  and will it still fit the rear door? or am I going to have to do some serious bodywork alterations to fit one ?

Any advice will be greatly received
 Thank You 
 Mike

Mike.  Phone Mark Burdett on 01386 853511, he could be on Hoilday this week due to the schools half term.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by MRW Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi Boaby  Does Mark Burdett work for Autosleeper ? or someone else ?
 Thanks I will try him
MRW
MRW

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Trophy Camper Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello MRW. I also have the trophy with the Fiamma toilet. I've noticed that the Thetford door seems taller but not as wide as the Fiamma door. Please let me know how it goes? I would love to change my toilet to a Thetford but I fear some alterations to the bodywork would have to be done. Good luck.

Mike
Trophy Camper
Trophy Camper

Male

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by MRW Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi Mike 
 I have managed to repair the Toilet by getting the broken part Plastic welded but I will pursue the possibility of an alternative thetford toilet because there will come a day when I cannot repair the fiamma and would feel happier if I had the information to hand rather than wait until until it happens and I am with out a toilet . Sods law dictates it will be right in the middle of the summer season .
I will let you know what i find out 
Regards 
 Mike ( MRW)
MRW
MRW

Male

Back to top Go down

Advice NEEDed replacing Fiamma  toilet  Empty Update

Post by MRW Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Hi Mike 
 re changing to a Thetford toilet in our Trophy,s (at this point I suggest you sit down)
I contacted Mark Burdett at Autosleeper as per "Boaby,s advice"( thanks Boaby Mark is a very nice / helpfull person to deal with). 
Autosleeper have done this conversion on two occasions in the past and it does involve alott of work they used a Thetford C200 cs toilet and had to alter the cassette opening, as it needed to be taller and narrower than the fiammma cassette opening this is where serious bodywork alteration is needed ie cutting filling and then re painting . Mark tells me the last one they quoted for came to, wait for it  sit down and get a stiff drink ready . £1995 plus vat all in  yes I am afraid £2000  is a readiculas amount for a toilet which would be white and make the rest of the fixtures in the wet room area look odd. 
  So my plan is to keep the fiamma working for as long as possible and if / when I have to change it brace myself for a big DIY job
 Take care and keep the trophy going they are a great van and we love ours to bits .
Regards Mike (MRW)
 "Always at Home wherever we roam "
MRW
MRW

Male

Back to top Go down