The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice needed re fridge in Trophy

3 posters

Go down

Advice needed re fridge in Trophy  Empty Advice needed re fridge in Trophy

Post by Mike Whitworth Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi All
 I am having a small problem with the electrolux RM2417 Fridge in  My 93 Trophy it works fine on both Gas and 240 mains

But the light on the 12v switch no longer comes on when The engine is running .
 I suspect that the 12v element has gone but as the fridge is difficult to remove I want to check everything else first.
 Can someone give me a clue as to where the fuse and relay are that controls this ?
If it does turn out to be the element is it easy to replace ?
How do you get the fridge out , I removed the 4 screws inside the fridge ie behind the white screw caps top and bottom but it does not want to move I hesitate to use brute force have I missed something 
Thank you in advance for any advice offered
 Regards to all Mike scratch head
Mike Whitworth
Mike Whitworth

Back to top Go down

Advice needed re fridge in Trophy  Empty Re: Advice needed re fridge in Trophy

Post by Paulmold Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:34 pm

It's more than likely the fuse which if anything like our old Symphony is located in the engine bay somewhere near the engine battery. There will be two fuses, one for the split charger and one for the fridge. They get corroded and blow the fuse. Check that first, hopefully another Trophy owner can confirm its location, before you go removing the fridge.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:04 pm

Agreed - in my experience the 12V light is always in parallel with the element, not in series, so if the light doesn't come on it's a failure of the 12V supply, not the element (though I guess it could be both!).

I don't know specifically about the Trophy, but on other vans A/S had a habit of putting extra, long screws in from the outside of the cabinet in addition to the 4 inside-out ones.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Whitworth Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi Paulmold and Mojo 
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction , I found the relays , fuses all OK . I eventually traced the fault down to the 12v switch itself bit of a sod to get to, but as I did not really want to remove the fridge . I tried access through the vent on the out side with no joy what soever  but then realised that the sink unit i.e the veg washing section can easily be removed     just 4 screws and you have access to the top of the fridge. Where there is another relay and the various fridge control switches  . 
Thank you again gentlemen for your input 
 regards 
 Mike  biggrin
Mike Whitworth
Mike Whitworth

Back to top Go down