The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleepers Trident

4 posters

Go down

Auto-Sleepers Trident Empty Auto-Sleepers Trident

Post by bonnie Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi
We currently have a 1999 Talisman. We love the interior features and space. My husband wants to swap to something smaller and more manoeuverable. He has his eye on a 2001 Trident. It is very nice, but I am concerned about the comparative lack of space - storage etc - for bedding, food, chairs etc (He is the one who has loads of bags of clothes!!). It would be for two people and a small labrador. Could anyone give us their experience of this vehicle, and if anyone moved to a Trident from a bigger vehicle, what do they think of it - pros and cons? Any info would be appreciated. thanks . Alison
bonnie
bonnie

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Suffolk
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleepers Trident Empty Re: Auto-Sleepers Trident

Post by MrsCC Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi Bonnie

We (me, hubby and Candy our pointer) had a lovely Trident up until recently, we managed fine at the time with both storage and space. up!

Now that we have upgraded and looking back - Space was a bit tight at times especially when it rained rainyday and we were all shut in together - However if you get a drive away awning or similar this problem would be over come. We were looking into this before we decided to upgrade.

Storage - we did find, well me mainly, storage was a bit short for clothes etc but again we managed. It couldnt have been a major problem as we have been away for a couple of weeks at a time so well able to manage with the space and storage issues.

Our Trident was a lovely camper, VW chasis which drove superbly and comfortable interior sleeping

Good luck with what ever you decide allthumbz

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by bonnie Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:52 pm

thanks for the reply. Out of interest why did you upgrade, and what to, and how are you finding it - if you don't mind me being nosey? Are you finding any disadvantages in the bigger vehicle? (I like the one we have)
bonnie
bonnie

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Suffolk
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeandlizriley Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello Bonnie

Owned a Trident for around four years now. It's a splendid vehicle. Haven't found storage too much of a problem. We use the overcab locker for storing those clothes that we don't hang in the wardrobe. On the plus side, its's a superb vehicle to drive, very manoeuvreable and can often be stored undercover unlike the larger van conversions or coachbuilts. We are able to keep ours under a carport at home and this is ideal particularly if, like us, you don't use your MH too much during the winter months.

On the down side, there are is no shower room or dedicated toilet space (a small porta pottie is supplied that can be used in emergencies!). We haven't found that too much of a problem given that we very rarely stay off-site. Also, the cook has to rely on two burners and a grill because there isn't an oven. We get around this by using one of those dual pan sets that fit together to make a hob-top oven.

Owning a VW based vehicle also brings you into what is a very active VW scene. We attend a large number of VW shows and, living in Worcs, you may be aware of two of the larger ones; the British Volkswagen Festival and Vanfest which are held at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern. Vanfest in particular is well worth a visit.

As you may well have gathered, I really like the Trident and would be very reluctant to part with it. Best wishes with whatever you decide to do.

Mike Riley handshake
mikeandlizriley
mikeandlizriley

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 Trident
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCC Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:12 pm

We upgraded to a Nuevo (see avatar) a few weeks ago, because I wanted a "proper" loo and not a portapotti hugegrins plus it had the added bonus of a shower with a "swing" wall which I love. up!

Joking apart - we wanted something bigger and newer and the Nuevo serves us well with no regrets. I would find it very difficult to go back to a Trident now with the extra storage and space that we have with the Nuevo.

The only disadvantage is that the trident was easier to park.

Hope this helps smile!

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 pm

I find I have pleanty of space for storage in my Trident, but it is only for me.

It may be a bit tighter for two & a dog, but as you say the manoeuvrability is much is better than a larger vehicle.

I went for this size van as it will park in a normal car parking space and it is my only vehicle.

Good luck on which ever route you go.
spook69
spook69

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident (VW T4)

Back to top Go down