The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident: covering/reupholstering the r&r bed

3 posters

Go down

Trident: covering/reupholstering the r&r bed Empty Trident: covering/reupholstering the r&r bed

Post by ChrisFilter Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:37 am

Hi all,

I've had a quote from JC Seat Covers to cover the captain's seats in my Trident, but the rock and roll bed is another matter. I'm not a fan of the current fabric. It's not too worn, but it's a bit 'Birds of a Feather' for my taste. Not mad keen on a loose throw over it so thought I'd enquire as to what others have done.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
ChrisFilter
ChrisFilter

Male

Member Age : 42
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Trident: covering/reupholstering the r&r bed Empty Re: Trident: covering/reupholstering the r&r bed

Post by mikeandlizriley Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:27 pm

If you're prepared to travel up as far as Derbyshire, I can recommend Regal Furnishings at Ilkeston. They reupholstered my front seats and the rear seat/"rock and roll" bed. Made a great job of it. They'll do it in a day and they have hook up points at their premises for an overnight stay if required.
mikeandlizriley
mikeandlizriley

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 Trident
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Trident: covering/reupholstering the r&r bed Empty Re: Trident: covering/reupholstering the r&r bed

Post by ChrisFilter Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Thank you, Mike. I actually got a price from them, but it's a little more than the coffers currently hold.
ChrisFilter
ChrisFilter

Male

Member Age : 42
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Peel Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:51 am

Adrian at Mid-England Retrims (near Coventry) did my front seats and RnR bed in VW Inca fabric for about £850 all in. He's well known in the VW scene - people courier their seats to him from all over. It was a great job and looks as good as new 12 months on and after heavy use with two small children.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regal Furnishings are indeed unbelievably expensive.
Peel
Peel

Male

Back to top Go down