The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INtruder alarm failure

5 posters

Go down

INtruder alarm failure Empty INtruder alarm failure

Post by Peterm Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:45 pm

Evening all,

My 2006 Nuevo continues to fall to bits. Last week the reversing sensors failed into just giving out continuous screech. Does anybody know an easy fix for that one, please?

This week it is the security alarm intruder system.

The key fob things don't work to switch it on and off. Neither of them. I optomistically invested in new batteries but that was a waste of a fiver. I can still use the USB type stick on the dashboard to set the alarm, but to switch it off you have to enter the van and the alarm goes off.

Has anybody had a similar failure, please? and if so what did you do about it? It sounds expensive to me.

Spinney had the alarm fitted on the van when new, but the fitters have long since gone out of business, and there is no paperwork indicating the make. I can't even find where the control box is fitted. Any clues?
This trumps any further work on the leaking tank.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Peterm
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

INtruder alarm failure Empty Re: INtruder alarm failure

Post by meanchris Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi Peterm, the reversing sensors could have dirt in them, my Volvo V50 does this sometimes, cleaning the sensors out with a brush or water jet cures it for me.

The alarm is a different matter, I think you have the right idea, you need to find the control unit first, maybe under the left hand side of the dashboard behind the glovebox?
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:48 pm

Would it be Leisure power of Warrington who fitted it?. If it is I have number for main fitter who did most of their work.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:55 pm

Peterm
I experienced a failure of the reversing sensor system on a 2005 Topaz, which resulted in a continuous note. I visited the VW dealership and was fortunate to be able to speak to the technician and watch the fix.
Total failure can be as simple as the failure of one sensor. Wait until the continuous note stops and then check each sensor in turn for a ticking sound by placing an ear against the sensor. The failed sensor (if this is the problem) produces no ticks.
I was charged £84 for the sensor plus £20 labour plus vat equals £120 !!!
You can buy the VW/Audi sensors on tinternet for £14. It took two minutes to replace.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I have found that the intruder alarm is a HPA meta alarm. Wierdly it was working first thing this morning, but is now only working intermitantly if you press the key fob underneath the dash board. I can hear the relay clicking so I know it is behind the glove box, so that is the next step. It was fitted by a firm called 'Max in car systems' in Hanley, and there is a wiring diagram on the web, only in Italian. It is beginning to look as if the fob receiver is integral to the alarm control box.
Unless anyone has any further ideas, I will keep you posted.
I am having an extremely expensive consultant(the son-in-law) look at the reversing alarm tonight.

Peter
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:51 pm

Post Ken Roses details Paul please
He is handy for anyone in the N.West.  Members bear in mind he will come to you and has alarm, solar panel, cameras, tv etc experience apart from Paul, Ken has done work and bulldog01 for us at his previous employer
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:05 pm

As mentioned by Roli above, Ken Rose was manager of Leisure Power and will come to you in an area roughly, North Wales to Manchester.07503 171601. I have intermittent phone data connection so could Roli post this 'recommended section'.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Peterm Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks for the help, everyone.

I think I have sorted it.
The alarm horn had become unstuck from the back of the engine compartment. It is stuck on with some sort of non-setting white gunge.
I relocated it, and the position is critical, and it looks as if the fob receiver is integral with the sounder, and it now works - even better than before.
My motto is that as my time costs nothing I would rather give it a go myself. After a recent experience with an £80 inch of sealant at Spinney my motto has been reinforced.
Peterm
Peterm
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down