The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shower Tray on Symbol

2 posters

Go down

Shower Tray on Symbol Empty Shower Tray on Symbol

Post by SerenitySah Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi all,

I've discovered a small crack/hole in the shower tray of our 2005 Symbol. It's very small and on the side of the tray rather than the bottom (no sniggering snigger ), but don't want water to get into the space underneath the tray and cause problems.

Can anyone advise? I guess replacing the tray is the most expensive option but I'm wondering if perhaps it might be possible to patch it instead?

Thanks,
Sah
SerenitySah
SerenitySah

Female

Member Age : 48
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Shower Tray on Symbol Empty Re: Shower Tray on Symbol

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the have approved repairers throughout the UK. I had mine when the shower tray split around the drain area. They spray a 3 MM coating all over the area. I did take the loo out so they had complete access. The coating is a slip proof and has a lifetime guarantee. They will come to you if need be

Last edited by Redwink on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update of speedcoat website)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Carver Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi
I think that a repair as suggested by Redwink is your only answer.  I have small surface cracks appearing in my Symbol shower tray (not leaking yet) but AS say that they have no replacements parts and will not be restocking.

Carver
Carver
Carver

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:41 pm

I did think about taking out the shower tray and use it as a mould to make a fibre glass one. As I did this with the sink. But getting it out would have been too tricky so went with speedcoat. They will even stabilise below if it is sagging and rebuild the drain area. The guy even told me he choose a cherry scent to add into the mix, but of course he could have winding me up, but it does smell like cherry!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down