The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEDDING ISSUES FOR SYMBOL

+2
KMRTOPAZ
janniecop
6 posters

Go down

BEDDING ISSUES FOR SYMBOL Empty BEDDING ISSUES FOR SYMBOL

Post by janniecop Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:19 pm

My wife & I are just back from a 25 day epic all over Scotland...and in SUNSHINE sun  virtually the whole time...most unusual!
This is only our 3rd outing in our 'van since we got it last year and we do love it allthumbz  but putting a mattress protector then a sheet with elasticated corners on both is a real pain... sensored1  Is there an easier way to do this that's not too bulky to store in the over cab area? We wondered about a thin foam topper with a cover that just sits on the bed without the hassle of elastic retainers?
I know this would take up more space but not sure just how much anyone

Appreciate any thoughts!

Cheers
John
janniecop
janniecop

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

BEDDING ISSUES FOR SYMBOL Empty Re: BEDDING ISSUES FOR SYMBOL

Post by KMRTOPAZ Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:18 am

We use 1" thick toppers in cotton covers and two double duvets....one under and one over.
If we choose two singles, the same double duvets are used. One to each bunk folded to give half under and half over.
The bed(s) make-up takes two minutes.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by busby65 Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:35 pm

We use the single beds and sleep using a good sleeping bag each in a duvet cover. When not in use we roll them up and put them in a bag and use them as back rests either end of the sofa. BUSBY65
busby65
busby65
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:39 pm

Duvalays highly recommended,

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:33 am

We have the same model and find it very comfortable. We use the double bed option with a 2" king size memory foam topper which is enclosed in its own cotton cover. We bought it from Aldi for about £25. It is rolled up and kept in its rolled state with a quick-release strap and is stored beneath the wardrobe. We then use a normal domestic king size sheet to cover it and our king size duvet which fits, along with pillows and sheet in the overcab locker - it's a bit of a squeeze but easy with practice! Making the bed is quite easy and we don't use any elasticated straps etc to hold things in place.
John
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Walgett Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:10 pm

We have a 2000 Symbol.  After a 3 week trip to Scotland 3 years ago I found sleeping on the double bed not the most comfortable.  After some research I purchased a piece of 66 x 27 x 2 inch piece of memory memory foam. I have put the memory foam in a single bed duvet, which is easily recoverable for washing.  When travelling the memory foam is rolled up, (2 suitcase straps to keep it tight) and stored in the toliet/shower room.  My wife has not found sleeping on the bed as uncomfortable as myself and uses an reclining chair cover for extra comfort. I bought the memory foam off Ebay for £27.
Wally Walgett
Wally Walgett

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol

Back to top Go down