The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Boxer sliding door middle roller

2 posters

Go down

Peugeot Boxer sliding door middle roller Empty Peugeot Boxer sliding door middle roller

Post by scott4534 Thu May 26, 2016 2:06 am

I need to replace the rollers on the middle roller bracket on the sliding door of my 2000 Peugeot Boxer Symbol. I can source roller repair kits on eBay for about 6 quid, but how do I fit the new rollers?

Thanks
Scott.
scott4534
scott4534

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer sliding door middle roller Empty Re: Peugeot Boxer sliding door middle roller

Post by boxerman Thu May 26, 2016 3:43 am

scott4534 wrote:I need to replace the rollers on the middle roller bracket on the sliding door of my 2000 Peugeot Boxer Symbol. I can source roller repair kits on eBay for about 6 quid, but how do I fit the new rollers?

Thanks
Scott.
Do you mean these parts?:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
What exactly do you want to know?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Boxer sliding door middle roller Empty Re: Peugeot Boxer sliding door middle roller

Post by scott4534 Thu May 26, 2016 3:48 am

Yes pretty much like that. How do I get the old ones out? There are a couple of torx-like screws at the bracket on the door, will it dismantle if I remove them? Or does the door need to come off in some way?
scott4534
scott4534

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Thu May 26, 2016 4:32 am

Open the door & support it from underneath with a jack or something, mark the position of the plate in the door with a pencil line, blob of paint or whatever. Undo the torx bolts and the mechanism will come out. IIRC you will need to curl it round as it comes out. The rollers can be unhooked from the track by tilting the mechanism away from the van at the bottom. Tap the old shafts out with a punch or something, tap the new ones in and rivet them over.
Refit the mech into the door in the same place it was before and tighten torx bolts.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by scott4534 Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 am

Brilliant thanks.
scott4534
scott4534

Male

Back to top Go down