The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxer Sliding door

2 posters

Go down

Boxer Sliding door Empty Boxer Sliding door

Post by jaybee3946 Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:40 am

Good morning boys and girls, first of all thank you for the welcome I recieved from you all upon joining this forum. Now the can you help me bit, The sliding door on my AS Boxer will not lock in it doesn't appear to reach the little locking bar even Iv'e given it a coat of looking at but can't see anything untoward.
Here's hopeing John.
jaybee3946
jaybee3946

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleeper Symbol

Back to top Go down

Boxer Sliding door Empty Re: Boxer Sliding door

Post by Bartfarst Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:43 pm

John,

I think the key thing here is whether or not the door is being prevented from moving sufficiently forward by the whole system being 'tight' on the leading edge of the door, or whether its solely a case of adjusting the trailing edge where the locking mechanism lies. My 1995 Harmony originally came from AS with an ill fitting side door and I had to adjust it all myself. I get the feeling that Sevel just bolted them on and hoped for the best. It's still not ideal (trailing edge upper still doesn't seal well) but it's far better than it was.

Start by looking at the leading edge (closest to front of vehicle) from the outside when the door is closed to. If it sticks out at either top or bottom you probably need to adjust it. From inside the van at the bottom of the leading edge there's an arm with two cap head screws in it: does the line in the lower line up with the nick in the upper? The cap heads can be slackened-off and the relative positioned adjusted. At the top edge I've found that the bar from the van is best inserted into the sleeve on the door to the point where the step on the bar lines up with the end of the sleeve: I suspect this was the designer's intent.

You may also need to align the tapered stops on the 'B' post if you significantly adjust the leading edge of the door - pretty easy and hopefully self-explanatory.

If the leading edge is OK and the trailing edge is coming in flush with the side of the van but not latching, if the latch is an early type with a 'bolt' on the van 'C' post upright then that can be slackened-off slightly, moved further outwards, or up/down and retightened. Then try again. The procedure is the same with the later 'staple' type of latch (2002 on I think) the difference being that you have to undo two Torx screws to do the adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Bartfarst
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Boxer Sliding door Empty Boxer sliding door

Post by jaybee3946 Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Thank you my friend I will Give it ago.
John.
jaybee3946
jaybee3946

Male

Back to top Go down

Boxer Sliding door Empty Non Locking Sliding door on Boxer

Post by jaybee3946 Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi Bartfarst,
Thanks for that onfo, problem turned out to be the mechinisam in the door itself a squirt of wd40 then oil done the trick,

Ps I think we might be shareing the same surname mines Bartholomew
jaybee3946
jaybee3946

Male

Back to top Go down