The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBQ gas point 2012 Dorset/symbol

2 posters

Go down

BBQ gas point 2012 Dorset/symbol Empty BBQ gas point 2012 Dorset/symbol

Post by Heanorboy Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:57 pm

It seems to me that the 2012 Dorset I have bought is the only one without an external BBQ gas point.
So can anybody kindly let me know where theirs is fitted and if it was a factory fit.
If anybody didn't have one and has now fitted one any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
scratch head

Many thanks

David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

BBQ gas point 2012 Dorset/symbol Empty Re: BBQ gas point 2012 Dorset/symbol

Post by Gromit Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:33 am

Hi David

Our previous van was a coachbuilt so my experience may not be applicable, but I installed a Bullfinch tap near the fridge, so I could tee into the gas pipe in the back of the fridge housing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fitting it was fiddly but not difficult, though I did have clean underpants at the ready when I cut the hole in the side of the van!! lol4

Don't forget you must use compression gas fittings on the van, not soldered ones as they can fracture over time due to the vibration. Once I was satisfied it was gas tight I bought two bottles of wine and took the van to our friendly dealer, whose gas qualified chappie signed it off for me. They were both happy with a bottle of plonk each, and that saved me an awful lot of cash in labour charges.

If you feel both competent and confident, give it a go. Cutting the hole in the side of the van is the only real mistake you could make which couldn't be very easily rectified. Measure three times - then measure again!! Set the drill to its slowest speed and use the hole cutter very gingerly!

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

BBQ gas point 2012 Dorset/symbol Empty Re: BBQ gas point 2012 Dorset/symbol

Post by Heanorboy Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:42 am

Dave

Many thanks for the reply, don't know if Davan would be as obliging re the cert.
There is a mass of Black bumper on the van and I am considering mounting the point on this as it would mean I only have to find a exist point for gas pipe through the metal bodywork. Still thinking,We are going to Peterborough so may leave it until after then as I should be able to pick up some ideas maybe from there.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W

Back to top Go down