The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replace fluorescent bulbs with LED

+3
Paulmold
-mojo-
mills1983
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

replace fluorescent bulbs with LED  - Page 2 Empty Re: replace fluorescent bulbs with LED

Post by dean01982 Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:55 am

The bulb appeared to be to long when i first tried it but it turned out that thenbulb was actuallynto wide for the silver reflective housing, once that was made bigger it all fit and the cover fit no problems
dean01982
dean01982

Male

Member Age : 42
Auto-Sleeper Model : Dorset
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

replace fluorescent bulbs with LED  - Page 2 Empty Re: replace fluorescent bulbs with LED

Post by mills1983 Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks for the recommendation of aten lighting - it was a bit cheaper to buy a double strip of LEDs to replace the double tube light and a single strip to replace a long single tube light, than it would have been to buy 3 new LED tubes. Also Saul who I dealt with was very helpful in explaining which wires to cut and which to reconnect! It was a very easy job in the end, the only snag was I could't figure out how to get the screw covers off in one piece so they were all broken, I did see some replacement covers and backs on ebay but they were too pricey so I just bought normal screw covers from Homebase and they worked fine and look pretty similar.
mills1983
mills1983

Male

Member Age : 41
Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident
Vehicle Year : 1992

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2