The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Window Insulation on Symphony etc.

5 posters

Go down

Rear Window Insulation on Symphony etc. Empty Rear Window Insulation on Symphony etc.

Post by micknhilary Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Hi All.
I have noticed a few 'vans with silver insulation material covering the nearside window of the rear doors. As that door is obscured by the toilet compartment it seems to be a very good idea, especially in the colder months. Can anyone with such a setup tell me where and what they used as I would like to copy the idea.

Many Thanks,  
Mick.               up!
micknhilary
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Rear Window Insulation on Symphony etc. Empty Re: Rear Window Insulation on Symphony etc.

Post by Paulmold Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:36 pm

My wife made a pair of removable thermal screens with the same sort of quilted material as internal silver screens used for front windscreen. Don't know if they still supply the material, binding and suckers but we got it all from Just Kampers. Sold them on this forum when we swopped van.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Rear Window Insulation on Symphony etc. Empty Re: Rear Window Insulation on Symphony etc.

Post by micknhilary Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi Paul.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have started doing a search on Just Kampa site for the bits and pieces as you suggest. No joy yet but will carry on'

Mick.        confused3
micknhilary
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 pm

Search EBay for 'thermal screen material' and you'll find O'Learys sell it and state that suckers etc are also available.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Horobi Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:00 pm

I made a couple out of some silver insulation that was knocking around. One for each side so that you don't necessarily have to faff with the curtain if using the rear door,

This kinda stuff:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you could make a lot with that roll....although you might need a little wider than that.  I cut them to shape then put duct tape round the edges and made a couple of holes for some suckers. They work really well especially as the way I park the van the rear is south facing.
Horobi
Horobi

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Bev Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:41 am

Could you adapt a silver car windscreen protector....the ones available at most Poundshops etc?  I used a couple of these to make my daughter a Lady Gaga costume ( don't ask!). The material was fairly easy to sew on a machine ( with some fabric ) and they came with suckers too.
Bev
Bev

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : N/a

Back to top Go down

Post by micknhilary Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Thanks for the various suggestions. I am now thinking on ways to make the best of the materials available to me.

Mick.         allthumbz
micknhilary
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:33 pm

When we bought our screen cover from Silverscreens they sold the front screen and a side screen for the sliding door as a package. They also offered a pair of screens for the back doors as an extra. We didn't bother about the back doors and I don't recall the van being cold at the back.After we fitted new curtains  the heat loss and drafts halved.
 We are getting ready for our first outing in the Rienza. Having a better heater and more up to date insulation we will see if we need a screen cover and see what pipes freeze.  SnowballFight
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down