The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connections in the TV cabinet on a Kemerton

3 posters

Go down

Connections in the TV cabinet on a Kemerton Empty Connections in the TV cabinet on a Kemerton

Post by Charliefarlie Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:19 pm

I have this connection block in the TV cabinet on our 2013 AS Kemerton. 
Can anyone tell me what they are for please ? 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Connections in the TV cabinet on a Kemerton Empty Re: Connections in the TV cabinet on a Kemerton

Post by bristol170kj Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:47 am

I
Charliefarlie wrote:I have this connection block in the TV cabinet on our 2013 AS Kemerton. 
Can anyone tell me what they are for please ? 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi, I think they are for distributing video/audio from a Dvd drive or satellite unit.  You should have another by the Tv mount.  So the satellite unit would sit in the cupboard and you plug in here.

We have the same in our Kingham but dont use satellite so i have never used them.

Hope that helps 

Keith
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Connections in the TV cabinet on a Kemerton Empty Re: Connections in the TV cabinet on a Kemerton

Post by Bobskate Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:07 am

I have the same set up in my Warwick. After I had the van for a few weeks I asked the dealer. It was clear from his vague answer that he didn't really know. Your response Keith is a bit more plausible!
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Charliefarlie Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:03 pm

I found out now..

The ones in the overhead locker send Audio visual down to the ones in the TV cabinet. So if you put say a DVD player up in the overhead locker you would not have untidy trailing leads. There is also a 12Volt connection up there. They also distribute audio visual from the vehicles Head Unit and will send DVD from the HU if it has DVD capability.

The satellite connections in both the over head locker and the TV cabinet receive satellite signal from the exterior TV/Satellite connection on the outside of the van. So if we use say an Avtex Snipe in portable guise outside the van we would plug the lead from that into the outside socket which is under a cover on the drivers side of the van. 

It is also possible to spread audio music around the van from the TV with the right and compatible leads ..

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:38 am

I
Charliefarlie wrote:I found out now..

The ones in the overhead locker send Audio visual down to the ones in the TV cabinet. So if you put say a DVD player up in the overhead locker you would not have untidy trailing leads. There is also a 12Volt connection up there. They also distribute audio visual from the vehicles Head Unit and will send DVD from the HU if it has DVD capability.

The satellite connections in both the over head locker and the TV cabinet receive satellite signal from the exterior TV/Satellite connection on the outside of the van. So if we use say an Avtex Snipe in portable guise outside the van we would plug the lead from that into the outside socket which is under a cover on the drivers side of the van. 

It is also possible to spread audio music around the van from the TV with the right and compatible leads ..
Its also worth noting that it you're on a site with TV aerial connections to the site network then you need to connect the TV to the satellite plug with a suitable converter rather than the aerial socket.

Hope hat helps.
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down