The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carver gas heating and hot water systems not

2 posters

Go down

Carver gas heating and hot water systems not  Empty Carver gas heating and hot water systems not

Post by Ealine Rawlings Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm

The gas heating systems for water and hot air do not work on mycampervan. I do not know where to take it to be looked at. It has been to 2 reputable establishments and they have "fudged" around it, I suppose they don't know what to do. I live in Kettering Northants. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
Ealine Rawlings
Ealine Rawlings

Female

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Carver gas heating and hot water systems not  Empty Re: Carver gas heating and hot water systems not

Post by vwt4 Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi 
can you give a little more information ie is the gas getting through, is the burner assembly in a good condition, can you hear a "pop" when the gas tries to ignite 
mike vw t4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Carver gas heating and hot water systems not  Empty Re: Carver gas heating and hot water systems not

Post by Ealine Rawlings Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Thanks for your response. I do not know the condition of the burners and I don't know how to find them to look at. On the heater box with the ignition info the light flashes for the "seek service attention" (I used the fault finding chart for this). The hot wate;the light indicates that it is on but the water is not heating up. There are no sounds popping or otherwise and I don't know how to tell if the gas is getting through. All told I am clueless!
Ealine Rawlings
Ealine Rawlings

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi 
your van is a little newer than mine (1994) so on the outside driver side you should see a a square vent this is where the burner assembly is,I dont know your situation if you could get someone to remove the outer vent and have a look inside or you could google carver ge and see if it can give some info, on mine if the burner does not light I get a red light on the control panel, do check if other items are working on gas, (fridge) I am sure others will be along to help soon, many will be away on holiday so response may be a little slow 
mike 
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:23 pm

hi 
forgot to say is your leisure battery low, I have found that mine will not light if it is
also have you checked all the gas taps to all gas operated items are turned on
mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ealine Rawlings Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Thank you Mike. Luckily I do not rely on either functioning as the electric is much easier. I will check out the things you have suggested. Ealine
Ealine Rawlings
Ealine Rawlings

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by vwt4 Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:18 pm

hi 
thanks for reply let us how you get on if they are of any help I have some diagrams for carver heater if you need them, you can get replacement burner assembly from ebay if that is the problem
mike
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ealine Rawlings Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Will let you know and thanks for your help. Ealine
Ealine Rawlings
Ealine Rawlings

Female

Back to top Go down