The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting 100w solar panels to mid 90s Trooper

2 posters

Go down

Fitting 100w solar panels to mid 90s Trooper Empty Fitting 100w solar panels to mid 90s Trooper

Post by dazeytroop Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:48 am

Has anyone out there done this please? Can it be done easily with the existing leisure battery configuration?
dazeytroop
dazeytroop

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Fitting 100w solar panels to mid 90s Trooper Empty Re: Fitting 100w solar panels to mid 90s Trooper

Post by -mojo- Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:38 pm

I haven't, because - despite trying - I've never actually managed to own a Trooper! But my current pop-top van isn't significantly different from a Trooper, and I have a 100W solar panel that works fine. I used a semi-flexible panel which can be fixed straight onto the roof, so there is nothing that sticks up more than a few millimetres (the junction box being the highest part at around 10mm).

However, you would obviously need to think carefully about the cable routing. Where is the leisure battery on yours? IIRC some had theirs right at the back which should make cabling easy, while other Troopers may have had theirs in the engine bay, which would be a bit more work...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Fitting 100w solar panels to mid 90s Trooper Empty Re: Fitting 100w solar panels to mid 90s Trooper

Post by dazeytroop Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Thanks mojo. Yes leisure battery is in engine bay. Almost tempting to put additional battery under driver seat to avoid hassle ;-)
dazeytroop
dazeytroop

Female

Member Age : 60
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down