The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphony - simple water system question...

4 posters

Go down

Symphony - simple water system question... Empty Symphony - simple water system question...

Post by janice171 Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi,

I have recently bought a 1995 Peugeot Symphony and have sussed out most of the workings but am having trouble with the water system. When i start putting water in the side opening it just comes out beneath the van from a pipe in the centre of the vehicle. I assume there is a stop tap or something similar somewhere but i can't locate it anywhere. i've found the waste water tap but nothing to stop the water tank emptying. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Janice
janice171
janice171

Female

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony 2.5 diesel
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Symphony - simple water system question... Empty Re: Symphony - simple water system question...

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Are you sure that the tank is not already full up?
Usually, when the tank is full, the water just overflows out of the top.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Symphony - simple water system question... Empty Re: Symphony - simple water system question...

Post by Paulmold Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:01 pm

You say it comes from a pipe under the van. The drain for the fresh water tank is a tap directly through the wall of the tank. It has a twist top on it to open/close the tap. Is it coming from this. The waste water is drained through a tap on the end of a pipe held to the inside of offside will by a terry clip.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Also check that the boilerdrain down valve is closed. That is normally left open over winter and will open automatically in cold weather to prevent frost damage.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:52 am

inspiredron wrote:Also check that the boilerdrain down valve is closed. That is normally left open over winter and will open automatically in cold weather to prevent frost damage.

Not on a 1995 Symphony. There is no automatic drain and the drain plug for the boiler is on the outside of the van in the boiler vent cover.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by janice171 Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Thanks for all your replies.
@Paulmold - Went camping last night and found the tap beneath the van. I didn't think it would be a hands and knees job but it is. There is indeed a white plastic pipe with a tap that can be turned ever so slightly to close it. It must have been left open for wintering.

Thanks again, this is a busy forum. up!
janice171
janice171

Female

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony 2.5 diesel
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down