The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS Warwick windows

+2
artheytrate
Marmot
6 posters

Go down

AS Warwick windows Empty AS Warwick windows

Post by Marmot Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi
I am new to this forumn, and indeed Autosleepers, so forgive me if my questions have been covered elsewhere.
I am seriously consideing the purchase of a used AS Warwick PVC. However i have no experience of the bonded windows used by AS: All reports of thier insulation properties would appear to be good. However, what of the apparet lack of ventilation due to having fixed windows that dont open. The only opening windows on the Warwick are a slider in the sliding door and another by the cooker. Both of these are at the front of the conversion leaving the only ventilation at the back to be the rooflight.
I also noticed that there is no flyscreen, or blind, on the sliding window in the sliding door. Therefore in conditions where a flyscreen is required to keep insects out, it would appear that 1 of the only 2 opening windows is rendered unusable.
I would be interested to hear from owners as to whether or not these issues are of any concern or if anyone has fitted thier own flyscreen to the window in the sliding door.
Marmot
Marmot

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

AS Warwick windows Empty Re: AS Warwick windows

Post by artheytrate Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Marmot, sorry can't help you with queary,  but on our habitation door on our Broadway I've fitted an expanding curtain pole and hang 3 of those coloured string type curtains, worked well for us in Benidorm last year.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:16 am

We've never found it a problem on our Duo. At night in warmer weather we leave both the front and rear roof-lights open with the fly screens pulled over. Only once, in Scotland, when I left the sliding door ajar for only 10 minutes did the midges get in and I don't think any type of flyscreen in front of the door would have prevented them. However I would think it easy enough to fit a door screen.

We rarely use the small sliding windows.

As far as the film coated windows are concerned we only ever get a slight misting of condensation in the morning. More often than not they are clear.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmot Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:04 am

Thanks for the replies so far. Its good to see that no one has responded with any negative comments re the lack of opening windows in the Warwick.
I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has used a similar vehicle in somewhere like the south of france or spain and whether the lack of opening windows caused any issues.
Marmot
Marmot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:13 am

If you opt for the Marquis version, the Sussex, you get air con unit on roof.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:23 am

We've taken it to South France and Portugal with no problem. Last year we were in the Dordogne in a heatwave!

Having had aircon on our previous vehicle I wouldn't want it again. Unreliable, too noisy to use at night, expensive to repair, takes up roof space where a much more useful solar panel and sat dish could be situated.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by maricardo Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:00 pm

We have a Sussex Duo with air con on the roof.  Totally unusable due to excessive noise.  We do miss opening windows which we had on AS Mondial but having had our present van for 18 months would not like to return to the relatively fragile nature of the caravan type windows.  The windows do darken the interier somewhat but this is no problem unless you wear reactolite glasses and walk in from a sunny outside!  The door flyscreen problem is common to all van conversions.  We burn one of those spiral things at the doorway in the evening and keep an electric bug zapper going all night.
maricardo
maricardo

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Marmot Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Just wanted to thank you all for responding. The usefull comments received were the last piece of the jigsaw and i have today put a deposit on a used Warwick. Now i just need to think of a use full purpose for the ironing board! Any suggestions gratefully recieved
Marmot
Marmot

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by carlc Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Just got our Warwick really please so far. Hope you enjoy yours
carlc
carlc