The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer

+6
Toffee
snow863
steles
Hubert
artheytrate
bristol170kj
10 posters

Go down

Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer Empty Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer

Post by bristol170kj Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:49 pm

I want to fit from mudflaps to our Kingham.  The van is fitted with plastic trims around the wheel arches.  I assume this is factory fitted.

The local dealer can supply but they are unsure if they fit with the plastic trims and their computer shows the mudflaps without the trims.  They come with metal brackets that look like they should clamp around the metal arch.

Has anyone fitted Peugot mud flaps?  Do they fit with the plastic trim around the arches?

Many thanks for any reply.

Keith
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer Empty Re: Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer

Post by artheytrate Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:27 pm

I've just fitted a pair of genuine Peugeot front mud flaps to my newish Broadway and fitted both within 15mins. I had to dig a small amount of mastic from the bottom of wheel arch and I gave a good coating of waxoil before fitting.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 am

I fitted some to my Symbol, as John said they are very easy and quick to fit. There is a little amount of slack on the metal grips to the wheel arch, whether there is enough depends on how close fitting the plastic wheel arch trims are. They also have a retaining strap to the seam under the sill. Surprised the dealer didn't know. Could try ring Peugeot Customer Assistance.

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 am

Hubert wrote:I fitted some to my Symbol, as John said they are very easy and quick to fit. There is a little amount of slack on the metal grips to the wheel arch, whether there is enough depends on how close fitting the plastic wheel arch trims are. They also have a retaining strap to the seam under the sill. Surprised the dealer didn't know. Could try ring Peugeot Customer Assistance.

Hubert

Thanks to both replies.

I'll give it a go.  Our previous 'van was on the FIAT chassis which didn't have the plastic trim around the wheel arches, so I was a bit sceptical about buying the one I saw in the dealer, when they didn't know if it would fit.  Mind you it was only a car dealer, the nearest Peugeot van dealer is around 20 miles away.

Many thanks again.

Regards

Keith
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Back to top Go down

Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer Empty mudflaps

Post by Guest Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:32 am

Hi, I bought a pair for our new warwick xl with plastic around the wheel arch,s. they don't fit very well in fact they want to slide off .I tried them on the back fitted to the plastic and the bolt heads were very close to the tyre. The bracket for the bottom cill drip screws onto the metal. Did,nt fit them so they are available if any one wants them. Steve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Flaggy wrote:Hi, I bought a pair for our new warwick xl with plastic around the wheel arch,s. they don't fit very well in fact they want to slide off .I tried them on the back fitted to the plastic and the bolt heads were very close to the tyre. The bracket for the bottom cill drip screws onto the metal. Did,nt fit them so they are available if any one wants them. Steve.

You may be putting me off giving this a go now!

There are two screws on the plastic wheel arch. It looks like they are holding the plastic in place.  The two lower (rear) ones look like they may be able to line up with the fitting bolts of the mud flaps.  Have you tried using these to also fix the mud flaps? 

I take your point about the lower metal bracket, as the mud flap doesn't expect to have the plastic here and it seems to dip a little just after the wheel arch.

Keith
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:42 pm

There,s only one fixing screw holding the plastic arch at the bottom on ours. the flaps have a metal plate attached to the plastic with the two fixing lugs part of this . you could cut the lugs off and screw through but it would,nt be enough on ours. have you bought them yet ,I could put a photo of them on if that would help. Steve.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Flaggy wrote:There,s only one fixing screw holding the plastic arch at the bottom on ours. the flaps have a metal plate attached to the plastic with the two fixing lugs part of this . you could cut the lugs off and screw through but it would,nt be enough on ours. have you bought them yet ,I could put a photo of them on if that would help. Steve.
No, we have been away for a few days.  I have two screws, one at the bottom and one about 9" above.  They seem  to be holding the trim but also look like would hold the mud flap.  The bottom mud flap bar looks like it wouldn't fit properly as the plastic trim here isn't in line with the chassis edge.

Keith
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steles Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 am

think_smiley_46 think_smiley_46
Probably not the smartest way to fit the front mudflaps. The use of screws must always be carefully considered, what happens when you trap the mud flap as often happens? The genuine fixing kit has clamps.
steles
steles

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by steles Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:55 pm

So its ok to use screws ?!!!
steles
steles

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer Empty Mudflaps

Post by snow863 Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 pm

I have a 2014 Peugeot Boxer AS Kingham and just received a set of the peugeot mudflaps but the front ones dont seem to fit with the plastic wheel arch trims.
If any of you managed to fit them to your vehicle with plastic wheel arches I would really appreciate if they can explain how pref with photos!
confused3
snow863
snow863

Female

Member Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:52 pm

I've fitted these to a 2016 boxer with the plastic wheel arches, I'll take some photos when it's light over the weekend if needed. I did however make up some plates to spread the load where the third mounting clamps to the cill flange as the bolt would have damaged the protective coating/paint. They've been on for 6 months and used in some heavy rain. The reason for fitting was to prevent grit going into the sliding step causing it to jam. The step now works fine in all weathers.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by snow863 Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Toffee wrote:I've fitted these to a 2016 boxer with the plastic wheel arches, I'll take some photos when it's light over the weekend if needed. I did however make up some plates to spread the load where the third mounting clamps to the cill flange as the bolt would have damaged the protective coating/paint. They've been on for 6 months and used in some heavy rain. The reason for fitting was to prevent grit going into the sliding step causing it to jam. The step now works fine in all weathers.
Photos would be brilliant. The cill clamp seems to hold fine on ours but we just dont seem to be able to get the 2 arch clamps to hold. The plastic arch is tight to the metal so have to clamp round both and when fitted to both it just falls off.
Wanted to fit these for the same reason. Our step gets very gritty from the road dirt.
Cant understand why AS didnt fit mudflaps if only just to protect the step from getting gritted up!
snow863
snow863

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by David Scott Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Keith,
Just fitted two pairs to our 2014 Warwick Duo with plastic arches, purchased from Peugeot Lincoln (Abacus) £64:00 gave Richard in parts our reg number to enable him to confirm original part number, took about 20 minutes to fit all four, no drilling required just a few hand tools.
Cheers Dave
David Scott
David Scott

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by snow863 Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:43 pm

David Scott wrote:Keith,
Just fitted two pairs to our 2014 Warwick Duo with plastic arches, purchased from Peugeot Lincoln (Abacus) £64:00 gave Richard in parts our reg number to enable him to confirm original part number, took about 20 minutes to fit all four, no drilling required just a few hand tools.
Cheers Dave
Hi Dave
We also got ours from Peugeot and paid £55 for the set front and rear.
The 2 clamps that you fit to the wherl arch on the front ones just dont hold on to the combined thickness of the plastic and metal wheel arch.
What was the Peugeot part number for the front set you got. We were given Peugeot part number 9603S4 for the front ones.
Cheers
Sarah
snow863
snow863

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by David Scott Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:40 am

Hi Sarah,

Yes that is the part no.....9603S4 for the front and 9603S5 for the rear.

The clamping arrangement is a bit fiddly, but once nipped up real tight they are really good and solid, fitted mine before a trip to Kelling Heath in Norfolk last weekend, a round trip of 250 miles and all good.

Hope this helps

Dave
David Scott
David Scott

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by snow863 Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:10 am

Hi Dave
My other half tried to fit them but he says the arch clamps dont want to grip at all. 
Any chance of a photo of one of your front ones fitted? It really would help to give us the confidence to try again. He is convinced I have the wrong ones! 
So a photo would be a big help.
Did you clanp to both pastic and metal or unscrew the plastic arch to make room to fit the clamp to just the metal and then tighten the plastic up over it?
I am getting so annoyed about this as my step is getting horribly gunked up from road mess!
Thanks so much for helping out.
Sarah
snow863
snow863

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by David Scott Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi Sarah,

I may have miss-led you a bit, so apologies, we don't have any plastic on the front, our bumper/front end is colour coded matalic charcoal grey (apparently a limited edition modal/colour) I have taken some pictures but don't have any facility to upload just yet, I have to open a public domain to enable this facility.
So in summary, our fixings clamp are metal to metal and are very secure, I will have a chat with a pal of mine who has just bought a Auto Cruise Royal with plastic front end on the Boxer chassis c/w front mud flaps, will feedback when I have more info.
Regards Dave
David Scott
David Scott

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by snow863 Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Thanks Dave we appreciate your help. Any further feedback on your friends mudflaps gratefully received!
Sarah
snow863
snow863

Female

Back to top Go down

Mudflaps for new Peugot Boxer Empty 2017 AS Broadway FB

Post by PedairOlwyn Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi! Just purchased genuine Peugeot mudflats for our  (Boxer) Broadway FB from our local Peugeot dealer for £35.89p inc VAT ....a better price than several sources on-line!
PedairOlwyn
PedairOlwyn

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm

PedairOlwyn wrote:Hi! Just purchased genuine Peugeot mudflats for our  (Boxer) Broadway FB from our local Peugeot dealer for £35.89p inc VAT ....a better price than several sources on-line!
Hi and welcome to the forum from chilly Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by PedairOlwyn Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Thanks!

Tom & Marilyn
PedairOlwyn
PedairOlwyn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:50 pm

PedairOlwyn wrote:Hi! Just purchased genuine Peugeot mudflats for our  (Boxer) Broadway FB from our local Peugeot dealer for £35.89p inc VAT ....a better price than several sources on-line!
Likewise welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. Thanks for the info that will prevent most of  the crud that readily splashes on bottom of cab doors. Must get a set from our local main dealer and hopefully the price is the same.
asof_welcome2

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down