The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugot boxer 1996 petrol

3 posters

Go down

Peugot boxer 1996 petrol Empty Peugot boxer 1996 petrol

Post by Plynch2002 Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks to all that helped with previous posts ,now had cambelt and stepper motor changed .my idle speed is still going up and down slightly ( hunting) and when starting it sometime sounds as if it has flat battery . Can the distributor ( I know it's a coil pack) be turned slightly to put timing into sinc like u used to do in the olden days.
Also my 12 volt caravan part electrics won't work unless I plug into mains when everything works ok .the leisure battery looks relatively new ,do u have to remove drivers seat to get battery out so I can charged it to double check it ain't flat. When plugged into mains battery shows green .
Plynch2002
Plynch2002

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugot boxer 1996

Back to top Go down

Peugot boxer 1996 petrol Empty Re: Peugot boxer 1996 petrol

Post by boxerman Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Plynch2002 wrote:Thanks to all that helped with previous posts ,now had cambelt and stepper motor changed .my idle speed is still going up and down slightly ( hunting)  and when starting it sometime sounds as if it has flat battery .
That "should" settle down after a few days of driving once the ECU learns about the new part.

Can the distributor   ( I know it's a coil pack) be turned slightly to put timing into sinc like u used to do in the olden days.
You cannot turn it because it's fastened onto the end of the cambox with four screws, it wouldn't make a difference even if you could. the ign timing is taken from a crank position sensor.(you can't move that either)

Also my 12 volt caravan part electrics won't work unless I plug into mains when everything works ok .
check the fuses under the seat.

the leisure battery looks relatively new ,do u have to remove drivers seat to get battery out so I can charged it to double check it ain't flat.
I can get mine out by sliding the seat as far forward as it will go.

When plugged into mains battery shows green .
Shows green where? if it's the square green light on the panel, then that is just to indicate that the charger is on. If it's the green LED when you press the button, then I don't understand why you are not getting 12v power from the battery?

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Plynch2002 Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Frank ,have driven motorhome to work weds-fri to work a distance of approx 6 miles each way approx. Also fitted new plugs yesterday .van seems to run a lot better except for this hunting and when I start it ,it sometimes turns over fast stop for split second and then turns over ,remembering from my younger days( a long time ago ) that used to happen when timing out.
Until after Xmas can't afford to put in garage so trying to see if I can rectify problem myself as need it for work.
With regards to battery ,I have only plug in mains once outside house to test them ,the green light may have been the charger light ,can't remember ,once mains disconnected everything is dead . Can only see like relay blocks by leisure battery .thanks for your help again .Paul
Plynch2002
Plynch2002

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:52 pm

Plynch2002 wrote:when I start it ,it sometimes turns over fast stop for split second and then turns over ,remembering from my younger days( a long time ago ) that used to happen when timing out.
If starting is weak but the battery is known good, check the state of the earth (battery, alternator negative and engine earth strap) connections. Sometimes the connection to the chassis gets badly rusted and you find the starter motor earthing through things like the throttle cable, or anywhere else it can...

Last edited by -mojo- on Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Plynch2002 Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Thankyou .for your reply .will checked that out through week.can someone tell me where actual charger unit is,does a van of this age charge leisure battery while driving. Thanks
Plynch2002
Plynch2002

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Plynch2002 wrote:can someone tell me where actual charger unit is,
Mine is under the bench seat at the cooker end. Some later models had it under the floor of the cupboard under the oven.

does a van of this age charge leisure battery while driving. Thanks
Yes

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down