The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kemerton

+3
batch
boxerman
judy
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

kemerton - Page 2 Empty Re: kemerton

Post by judy Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks for that info. Will be interesting to read as the only difference is the length and that allows the option of single beds or a bigger double. Layout is the same . Going for that , in my opinion would have defeated the point of downsizing. Thanks again for keeping us updated.
judy
judy

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Just read the review Paul and glad to say we are happy with it. Only three stars given for the kitchen but I'm sure from memory, that the kemerton actually has more working space on it. So all in all we are pleased with the review. Phew ! Roll on March !!
judy
judy

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Just wondering which Kemerton you went for in the end. I'm currently reviewing the Kemerton XL model and it's looking good. There is less worktop for food preparation than the Kemerton has, but I understand this is because they had to raise the fridge to achieve the level 3 insulation. What was a preparation area above the fridge is now much higher, but could still be used as a serving out worktop.

One thing that I noticed is no obvious place to attach a TV, so I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum has a Kemerton XL and where did you fit the TV? 

I like the idea of two single beds, but if you want a double there is rather a lot of foam fill in's to work out (a bit of a jigsaw) and store away afterwards.

The Truma heater is Truma's advanced high tech blown air system which is capable of rapid heat output and has a very quiet fan even on full blast. On average the draw on the battery is only 1.1 amps per hour, so five hours of running will only be 5.5 amps. 

The payload is going to be tight though, so I will need to work out if I can manage with only 365kg payload?

I was pleased to see it has the latest Sargent state of the art EC500 power control unit installed. This appears to offer an advanced charging system than the EC155 PSU as fitted to the original Kemerton. A bonus to this system is the ability to wire a solar panel into the EC480 control panel. The EC500 PSU incorporates a built-in solar charge management feature, which will control the input from a solar panel when fitted. Depending on the charge state of the batteries, the solar power will be directed to the required battery, and continuously monitored to ensure optimum operation of both batteries. This is a major benefit as the vehicle batteries on these new Euro 5 vehicles appear to flatten in less than 10 days. See this article: 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So far I quite like what I've seen with the new XL and would be keen to talk to any XL owners if you're out there.
Kemerton
Kemerton

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton

Back to top Go down

Post by judy Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:09 pm

We did go for the kemerton as we wanted to downsize both in size and length from the Broadway. The heating system is just one of the advantages of the xl but we also felt there was more space in the kemerton and it fitted all the criteria we were looking for. We also liked the tv being tucked away in the cupboard. I'm sure you'll be happy with either whatever decision you come to. We collect our van in March and can't wait to be back on the road. Good luck and hope you get sorted for the start of the season.
judy
judy

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2