The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes?

5 posters

Go down

Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes? Empty Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes?

Post by Pusscat Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:52 pm

Can anyone please tell me if there is a difference in the bed sizes of the AS ford Duetto of the Mk5, 6 and 7 ford transits please or are they all the same? 

I've heard the Mk5 transit was a LWB and the 6 & 7 were MWB and just wanted to know if they changed the bed sizes accordingly.  If anyone can give the actual measurements, (with the end fill in cushions by the driver / passenger seats in as well) that'd be really appreciated.

Regards,

Pusscat
Pusscat
Pusscat

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : none

Back to top Go down

Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes? Empty Re: Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes?

Post by frederic Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Both beds in the mk 6&7  were about 1.8 m (5ft 10ish) long by about 0.64m(2ft 2ish) wide. The last 12 vans from Marquis were I think 5.2m (medium wheel base front wheel drive) in length but the rest were (long wheel base rear wheel drive) 5.44 m long.
if memory serves me!!
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes? Empty Re: Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes?

Post by Pusscat Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks Frederic,
 H'mm. We're both 6 foot...is the 5' 10 the actual length of bed or the space available when the drivers seat is fully forward do you know?!
regards,
Pusscat
Pusscat
Pusscat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:51 am

See pm
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes? Empty Duetto bed size

Post by tallslimdave Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:08 am

Hi

Just been down the garden with tape measure.  Duetto mk 6.  Mwb. Rwd.   .made up bed with infill cushions.      74 inches x. 28.  Inches. Approx. can be more accurate.  If required.   But quick measure. Now.we are both 6 foot plus.    Plenty long enough.......can be more accurate if want when day warms up!  Bbbbrrrggghhhh

Dave h up!
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Pusscat Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:15 am

Hi Dave,
Really appreciate that, Many thanks!
 Which way do you fin it best to sleep?  Head to the backs of the front seats or the other way round?
Regards,
Pusscat
Pusscat
Pusscat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclops2 Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Duetto Mk5 is on a long wheelbase 18' 2'' . Beds are Double 6' 1'' by 5' 7'' or 2 lengthways singles 6' 1' by 2' 2''.
The nearside single could be extended by turning the front passenger seat round it would give extra length but in my vehicle the seat is lower so it would need to be padded up. Hope this helps

Pete
cyclops2
cyclops2

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1998 Duetto

Back to top Go down

Ford Duetto Mk5, 6 and 7 bed sizes? Empty Duetto bed size

Post by tallslimdave Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:00 pm

bouncing  good2 Back again

We usually sleep heads at seat end easier for radio n sliding window n call of nature....only use bigger infil cushion leave pass anger seat swivelled n add piillows.........rock n roll 

Dave h
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by edmason Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 pm

We have a LWB Transit Mk5. I'm 5'10" & I find it most comfortable to sleep head to cooker unit, and diagonally with my feet between the front seats, as I don't fit, fully extended with feet out, between the unit & the driver's seat back, even when the seat is right forward. I tried the trick with the passenger seat turned round, but what you gain at the front you lose to the table-top boss which stows against the wardrobe wall. You could put it elsewhere, but you don't gain much & you have to support the bed extension flap, and accommodate the change in levels. We sleep head to rear for ease of getting up for the loo, making tea in the morning, & exit via the back door if necessary.
edmason
edmason

Male

Member Age : 69

Back to top Go down