The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water leak, Peugeot symphony.

2 posters

Go down

Water leak, Peugeot symphony. Empty Water leak, Peugeot symphony.

Post by fenderbender Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Just had a minor problem with a shower room water leak.
I noticed that the water pump was starting up on its own occasionally just for a couple of seconds, indicating a drop in pressure and a small leak.I eventually tracked it down to the bathroom sink tap, I removed the rear plywood panel and found a slight dribble of water from the plastic fitting on the hot tap, I pushed the fitting back into the back of the tap and it 'clicked' back into place and the leak stopped. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but it seems like a problem that's waiting to happen,there is a fair bit of weight with all the pipes and fittings just hanging on to push fit connectors, i suppose a bumpy road or pothole may have jolted it loose,can't think of any other explanation, anyway I thought it might be an idea to support the weight of the pipes using plastic ties connected to the sink drain which seems pretty substantial.
Hopefully problem solved.

fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Water leak, Peugeot symphony. Empty Re: Water leak, Peugeot symphony.

Post by boxerman Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:34 pm

I know what you mean, I thought of giving mine some support when I changed the taps a while ago. But in truth, I have never had that problem in over 10 years of ownership.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down