The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony

+3
BVMC
mikeandgwen3
Arek
7 posters

Go down

Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony Empty Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony

Post by Arek Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:57 pm

I am hoping to get a "not too big" and easy to erect awning for my new Symphony. There is a Fiamma wind out awning there already. Does anyone have any good suggestions what to look for, there are 100s it seems??  scratch head 

Thanks
Arek
Arek

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Talbot Symphony

Back to top Go down

Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony Empty Re: Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony

Post by mikeandgwen3 Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:11 pm

I have a Revolution XL 300 which fits to the side of my Peugeot Boxer Symphony using 2 figure 8 fixings. i can assemble it myself in 30 mins but does require two if very windy. comes with an inner tent and the bridge folds away easily when driving away. price is about £250
mikeandgwen3
mikeandgwen3

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony Empty Re: Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony

Post by BVMC Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:18 pm

Arek,
Have you considered these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which would attach to the Fiamma?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:25 pm

I had a drive-away awning which was about 2m x 3m and it only cost me about £80. I can't remember the make but it was easy for me to put up on my own. I sold it because I couldn't fix it to my current van. I've got an Omnistor wind-out awning with no channel in it for the drive-away. I think Fiammas have them though.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Viv Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:24 pm

We have a Cayman awning. Here's a link.....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm a 65 year old female and practically erected on my own. Once you've threaded the bendy (technical term) poles through the two channels, it more or less puts itself up. 

The Fiamma does indeed have a channel that accommodates the figure of eight fixings (bought separately) to attach the awning to the 'van. 
Ours cost £200 and fits our Symbol, no problem at all.
Hope this helps.

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulwest55 Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi Arek have you had a look at the Vango Kela awning we got one to fit to a duetto and is brilliant ,very easy to put up and down no poles needed easy to store 
Caz and Paul
Paulwest55
Paulwest55
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Drive away awning suggestions for Symphony Empty drive away awning

Post by tcarne Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:09 pm

i have a kampa pod mini, which fits to a channel rail on side of my symbol above habitation door @ approx. 1.90m 

it is very easy to put up and can also stand completely alone - had to do this for last few days - it worked well.

tc
tcarne
tcarne

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down