The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nearside Black Panel on Symbol 2000

2 posters

Go down

Nearside Black Panel on Symbol 2000 Empty Nearside Black Panel on Symbol 2000

Post by Flying High Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi folks, has anyone taken this panel off? 
Mine has warped so much that it is rubbing on the sliding door.
As it was hot today I thought I would look to see what was involved so I released the screws and with great effort manager to lift the corned and peer inside. The thing is stuck to the panel with really strong glue and needs a long knife between the panel an the van to remove so I stopped and thought I would ask on here for advice.
Once removed will it straighten? If I need a new one I bet it is discontinued.........HELP.
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex BB?
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Nearside Black Panel on Symbol 2000 Empty Re: Nearside Black Panel on Symbol 2000

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:30 pm

Definitely not available.
Have not removed mine, but someone on here did.
I believe it is stuck to wooden battens which are stuck to the van body.
I suppose if you did get it off, maybe you could fit some extra battens which may help to straighten it up.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Nearside Black Panel on Symbol 2000 Empty Re: Nearside Black Panel on Symbol 2000

Post by Flying High Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi PB, no battens just stuck on with strips of body caulking along its length. As you said no longer available. I levered one corner and it was stuck solid, needed a spatula to force the glue apart even in the heat of yesterday. I think the only way is a new panel and as they are not available I might just drill and put some more screws along the length to pull it back into shape.

Best regards, Mike courtesy
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex BB?
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Flying High wrote:Hi PB, no battens just stuck on with strips of body caulking along its length. As you said no longer available. I levered one corner and it was stuck solid, needed a spatula to force the glue apart even in the heat of yesterday. I think the only way is a new panel and as they are not available I might just drill and put some more screws along the length to pull it back into shape.

Best regards, Mike courtesy
Yes, that would seem the best option.

PB

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down