The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to change a radio in VW Autosleeper 1993

4 posters

Go down

How to change a radio in VW  Autosleeper 1993 Empty How to change a radio in VW Autosleeper 1993

Post by thehedd Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:58 am

Hello all,
I have had my van for a year now, and happy with the set up so far, and taken the van to Devon,Kent and Ireland.  Can any one advice on how to change the radio in the van, reception is poor and it plays only tapes. I have rinsed my tape collection and would like to replace with a better quality sound.
It is a "Radiomobile AKB3500 Radio Cassette player"  
Medium / Long Wave Radio & Cassette Player. Radio / Cassette Player pulls out of a secured tray so can easily be removed from the car for security / safe keeping. Suitable for Negative Earth Only

all helpful comments appreciated. I have a long trip planned next week.....!
thehedd
thehedd

Female

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1993 vw

Back to top Go down

How to change a radio in VW  Autosleeper 1993 Empty Re: How to change a radio in VW Autosleeper 1993

Post by roli Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:29 pm

I have moved this thread to this section, we ask for an intro before asking a question, not much to ask !!
Please do an intro in that section
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

How to change a radio in VW  Autosleeper 1993 Empty Re: How to change a radio in VW Autosleeper 1993

Post by thehedd Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:52 pm

ok thanks Roger.
thehedd
thehedd

Female

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1993 vw

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:35 pm

According to your description (which looks astonishingly similar to one on Ebay  snigger ) it just slides out. Probably after lifting the handle.
You can then remove the carrier and replace it with a new unit.
What were you thinking of replacing it with? Your poor reception could be down to a poor aerial and/or earth. Radiomobile were top of the tree in their day. As for just playing tapes, search for my post to Dutto about playing an Ipod through the radio, far better than a CD changer / player.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by C0LL0 Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:20 pm

I just fitted a DAB radio with cd player and usb connection with a DAB areil on the screen, fitted straight in, had to make my own wiring connections but 2 hours and all was working as it should.

No big issues
C0LL0
C0LL0

Male

Member Age : 56
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz

Back to top Go down