The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is the fridge fuse?

4 posters

Go down

Where is the fridge fuse? Empty Where is the fridge fuse?

Post by Paulmold Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Just spending 2 nights at the C&CC temporary holiday site at Rhos-on-Sea. When we left home, put fridge to 12v and switch did not illuminate. As only less than 1 hour away from home not that bothered over the weekend and it's working fine on gas (no EHU) so we are OK but obviously I need to sort out the 12v supply. Got the handbook out but as usual can't make head or tail of wiring diagram. First thing to check is the fuse but where is it? It's not in the zig panel. The only fuse I can see by the leisure battery is an in-line one direct off the positive terminal which must be for all 12v in the van and everything else is working. Any ideas anyone?
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Where is the fridge fuse? Empty Fridge Fuse.

Post by whisky Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Hi Paul.

When your fridge isn't working on 12 volt it is normally just a bad contact on the fuse/fuse holder. I've had it happen a couple of times, the problem is the red light is in the fridge switch and not on the dash where you would easily see it. Anyway look around the vehicle battery area under the bonnet, it will be in a square type fuse holder somewhere there. Its not in a bank of fuses. There will only be two, one for the leisure charging link and the smaller one for the fridge.
Good luck. Whisky. look here
whisky
whisky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive

Back to top Go down

Where is the fridge fuse? Empty Re: Where is the fridge fuse?

Post by squip Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:39 pm

Paul,
On my Symbol the fridge fuse is a 15A fuse situated under the driver's seat. It is a car type two blade fuse.
There will also be a relay that allows the fridge only to operate on 12v when the engine is running. Can you find that and feel/hear if it operates when the engine is started? The operation of the relay will not be dependant on the fuse.
However your Symphony made be different.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Where is the fridge fuse? Empty 12v fridge fuse

Post by bertb Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:29 pm

In our 2003 Symbol the 12v lamp only lights once the engine is running. That way there is no drain if you accidently leave the switch on when you stop.
Bert
bertb
bertb

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:57 pm

thanks for the replies. I shan't do anything until we get home in case I mess all the 12v circuit up but I'll let you know how I get on.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:41 pm

whisky wrote:Hi Paul.

When your fridge isn't working on 12 volt it is normally just a bad contact on the fuse/fuse holder. I've had it happen a couple of times, the problem is the red light is in the fridge switch and not on the dash where you would easily see it. Anyway look around the vehicle battery area under the bonnet, it will be in a square type fuse holder somewhere there. Its not in a bank of fuses. There will only be two, one for the leisure charging link and the smaller one for the fridge.
Good luck. Whisky. look here

Thanks Whisky, spot on. Found the two fuses you mentioned, 15 amp blue one melted. Replaced and tested and all Ok now but with fuses I always want to know why it blew in the first place.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down