The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol yr2000 camera cable fitting

2 posters

Go down

Symbol yr2000 camera cable fitting Empty Symbol yr2000 camera cable fitting

Post by mrminto Wed May 28, 2014 11:43 am

I propose fitting a reversing camera to my year 2000 Symbol above the rear doors but are concerned about the presence of some existing wiring. I intend the cable to enter the van in a small cupboard which appears to virtually fill the cavity, from front to back,  immediately above an instrument panel with its own wiring.

However, this cupboard has a 'floor', separating it from the instruments, and which suggests to my small brain that any existing cables are going to be routed firmly below said 'floor' and should not really pose a threat.

if anyone has had experience of this little problem I should be most grateful for advise and, in fact, any tips on the whole project.

An area I haven't yet considered is connecting to the vehicle reversing wiring but imagine this is best done in the lights cluster at the rear of the van.
mrminto
mrminto

Male

Member Age : 89
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Symbol yr2000 camera cable fitting Empty Re: Symbol yr2000 camera cable fitting

Post by dogseal Wed May 28, 2014 9:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi, I fitted one to our van a few years ago. A few teething problems to start with but still working great...I would'nt be without one now especially for motorway driving.
dogseal
dogseal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Symbol yr2000 camera cable fitting Empty Re: Symbol yr2000 camera cable fitting

Post by mrminto Fri May 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Thanks Dogseal for your encouraging reply. Do you have any recollections of drilling the cable hole? That would be very welcome to my ears!
I did a full conversion some years ago on a brand new Transit and drilled holes all over the place but I knew where all the wiring was, of course! Why have I had to replace that vehicle, you might well ask? Well, like all good trannies of the 90s it fell to bits with rust because they failed to treat it properly underneath!
mrminto
mrminto

Male

Member Age : 89
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down