The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SYMBOL

Go down

NEW SYMBOL  Empty NEW SYMBOL

Post by theBeeGees Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

This is a new unused van and I am trying to fill the water tank. I followed the instructions and turned the kitchen cold tap on as recommended, and proceeded to fill the fresh water tank.  I got to half-way full and water was coming out under the vehicle from the 'dump' valve. Both the drain taps on the fresh and waste water tanks were turned off. The dump valve finally emptied the fresh water tank completely. Why???? Any advice would be much appreciated.
theBeeGees
theBeeGees

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

NEW SYMBOL  Empty Re: NEW SYMBOL

Post by Guest Mon May 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi theBeeGees. Sounds like the system dump valve is open. somebody probable drained the fresh water system for the winter. The valve should be down in-between the leisure battery and the water heater. You could check your owners manual.
Regards Wallis3 allthumbz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by theBeeGees Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi Wallis3, many thanks for that advice - worked a treat and we now have a full tank of fresh water.  We find the owners manual to be very confusing and lacking, our dealer agreed with us. Now to try hot water, cassette toilet, fridge etc., then we can be off.  This site is great and certainly makes up for the gobbledegook manual. I imagine we will have more questions but are confident of the useful replies we will get. Thanks again.
Kind regards TheBeeGees  drinksallround
theBeeGees
theBeeGees

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi theBeeGees. Just ask someone will have had the same issue before and will be able to help. Enjoy your new van 

Kind Regards Wallis3 up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down